Superstitions

Got a good joke or wanna have a good laugh? Come here and bring your best jokes! GOOD AND HILARIOUS JOKES ONLY!!!
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Superstitions

Post by chex »

Try saying something enlightening then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouting_f ... ed_theater
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

I heard that in Hawaii it is illegal to pull a coin out of someone's ear...

but I really doubt that's true. :roll:
SingerGirl1369
Posting Fiend

Post by SingerGirl1369 »

i believe in Louisiana it is illegal to gargle in public... and in Vermont it's illegal to breath under water... HAHAHA! but these have nothing to do with superstitions...

i have a neat picture of me actually breaking a superstition... holding an opened umbrella indoors...

NOTICE: Thank you for noticing this new notice. Your noticing has been noted and will be reported to the authorities!
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with febreeze!
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Post by raiden676 »

Please whatever you do
Don't yell fire in a public theater, especially if it the theater is full.
It would not only save your life, but it could also save yourself from a sentence to jail.

I actually heard a news story about that. Some man was dared to go into a theater and yell fire. He got sentenced to jail for causing a riot.

I don't know how much he was dared to do it for, but it probably wouldn't matter to him now, if he is still in jail (which he probably isn't).
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Post by raiden676 »

I have another one

They say Friday the 13th is bad luck.
How come my mom was born on October 13th?

A couple of years ago, Friday the 13th fell on a friday and all the co-workers gave her black ballons for some reason. I was glad she made it through that day, and I hope she nevers has to see another one in her lifetime. Although nothing happened on that day, she hoped nothing would ever happen on that day if she has to see another one.

Thank God I was born on the 30th.
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
chex

Post by chex »

So, nothing happened, and you still "hope she nevers has to see another one in her lifetime." Yeah...
LeBossle
human calculator

Post by LeBossle »

raiden676 wrote:Friday the 13th fell on a friday
:notme: I didn´t know that...
They're baaaack! -Poltergeist II
bella wrote:You. Run.
Sorry for my broken English... I´m Brazilian. But I can understand English well.
raiden676
Satan's Bitch

Post by raiden676 »

Whatever

Sorry if I got my words a little mixed up.

Look the point is, she is fine, I hope for her sake her birthday doesn't fall on a friday the 13th again.

She didn't have anything happen to her that would seem like bad luck before, but I almost fear the inevitable.

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
chex

Post by chex »

Chances are it will fall on Friday again, and chances are, nothing bad will happen. The thirteenth day of the month happening to fall on a Friday does not dictate the events of the day.
raiden676
Satan's Bitch

Post by raiden676 »

Thank God the 13th is in November this year.

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
chex

Post by chex »

It's like talking to a brick wall.
SingerGirl1369
Posting Fiend

Post by SingerGirl1369 »

lolz... so subject change...

my birthday is on the ides of march... apparently it used to be like a cursed day in Rome because it was when Julius Caesar was murdered :) now they celebrate it... i find it quite exciting!

so... i guess this kind of falls under superstitions
NOTICE: Thank you for noticing this new notice. Your noticing has been noted and will be reported to the authorities!
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance... baffle them with febreeze!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I am totally superstitious! I will ALWAYS... um, I Uh, I will NEVER....

Nope, sorry. I have absolutely no fear of any supernatural thing. Bunch of hooey. However, Burn Witch Burn (A.K.A. Night Of The Eagle) is a FANTASTIC movie dealing directly with superstitions. It was made in the late fifties (actually 1962) and the leading dude is very attractive. He is a professor who teaches... well, I guess you have to watch the movie, don't you? :D

P.S. it is not available on NetFlix
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Ninja
*must post more*

Post by Ninja »

you fear supernaturally quick spiders. I've seen you behave like a scared little baby jabberwocky butterfly pony loving sissy.

I've done it too, but only because of that dood in a gorilla suit. and I was 5!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Spiders are not supernatural. Even the ones that growl at you and are smart enough to hide in the dark bits on the zebra carpet. They do freak me out, but that has nothing to do with superstition.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I agree with Zot on that. Fear of spiders is very natural. I have it too.
raiden676
Satan's Bitch

Post by raiden676 »

I have almost nothing to fear but dying. I don't know when I'll die, I don't know how I'll die, but I want my death to be quick and painless.

Anything else, I guess you could say I am pretty strong. Snakes, Spiders, Dark, High Places etc. My family taught me that if I think I am stronger than my fears, then I will conquer them.

Although I do have a fear of driving. I lost so many of my school mates when I was back in high school, that I am so affraid of driving. I can blame that on the driving course instructor.

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I don't know how your friends died or what the reason for it was but you are blaming one teacher for it? How about other drivers, defiance of traffic signs, weather, bad sight, technical problems, alcohol, tiredness, animals on the street? The instructor didn't drive.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I do not fear death. In fact, I quite welcome it in any form it decides to take me. Not because I am suicidal and have a death wish. I am merely fascinated and curious about what comes after. Granted, I won't remember it come my next life, but I am curious nonetheless.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

It's totaly useless to be afraid to die. It will happen anyway.

The only certainty of life is death. And taxes.