Merry Christmas!!!!

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Re: Merry Christmas!!!!

Post by summer »

I'm muslim and I get pissed when someone says happy holidays to me. It's f'in Christmas, so say Merry Christmas. It's a religious holiday point blank. All the commercial crap came after the fact. Do you think a year after Jesus died they were like "hey! let's put up a tree and give out presents and then on easter lets decorate some eggs!" I'm thinking no.

So celebrate your holiday, don't assume everyone else does and that's it. It's not my holiday, so don't wish me a happy holiday, just say your merry christmas and I'll simply tell you, thanks, but I don't celebrate, but I hope you enjoy yours!
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Yule, Hanukkah, hell, even New Years! I use Happy Holidays to encompass whatever someone may celebrate. And Jesus wasn't born on xmas anyway. Celebrating it then was the Christians way of attempting to convert Pagans who were celebrating Yule at that time. May Christmas traditions originated with the Yule.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

You know guys I'm on the same boat as Chex, I think it's ridiculous getting angry at someone for saying "Happy Holidays" (sorry summer). I don't get annoyed when people say Merry Christmas, it's all a holiday greeting that you should just take with you as a compliment and not think that they are against your faith or something.

It's almost like getting angry when someone says "he or she" instead of "he" when they don't know the gender.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

It is what it is, Christmas. A religious holiday which is cherished by people for very different reasons and yet they are sometimes very similar. And it's good the way it is.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

That was a pleasant read. I really really like smart people.

Merry Christmas!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~