stop the cheaters!

Now's your chance to ask me (Clarence), any question you've wondered about the game. I will personally answer your questions (as long it doesn't reveal passwords)
achardrys
Starting to fit in

stop the cheaters!

Post by achardrys »

K so you've probably notice how your game is super popular to cheaters right?
theres at least 100 sites that list all of the answers for each level..

You should randomize the questions
it'd be hard, and it would kill the reason for passwords and make it really hard to keep track of... but it would stop a ton of cheaters.. or at least confuse them..
but the bad thing would be that the passwords would not work right..

unless you found a way to keep track of specific users!
for example, you connect your game with a database (for example, mysql) using PHP, and they would have to make up a unique username, and then they enter that.
Then it will take out a table of how the levels are ordered for that specific user, and then they could use the passwords to get them to a certain level.

at least think it through clarence! ill help in anyway i can (with PHP/MySql Database), but i dont know how to code flash..
ArcadeResort.com - It's this cool site where you can play free games and chat with your friends no matter what page your on! A community with free online flash games!
achardrys
Starting to fit in

Re: stop the cheaters!

Post by achardrys »

oh, and when they actually pass all the questions the username can be added to a hall of fame list automatically!
ArcadeResort.com - It's this cool site where you can play free games and chat with your friends no matter what page your on! A community with free online flash games!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Yeah, it sounds interesting, but I think I'm just going to leave my game the way it is and keep adding levels. I just don't have the time or energy to put into something like this and I just want to keep the game the way it is for now.

And my friend Jon tried to get it set up for the hall of fame thing but it just wouldn't work for some reason....
achardrys
Starting to fit in

Post by achardrys »

And my friend Jon tried to get it set up for the hall of fame thing but it just wouldn't work for some reason....
you'd need a database and maybe PHP or perl
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I'm not sure, he says he tried databases and linking it with PHP and etc but there was some restriction on the last hosting, I could ask him to try again sometime, but it would pretty much be up to him for that.
achardrys
Starting to fit in

Post by achardrys »

Well.. the main thing that you'd have to do is..
Make a MySql database, then make a database inside of it called "NELG", and a table called "HallOfFame".
Then inside of the Hall of Fame make rows called "ID", "username", "date of completion" (and maybe a few more..)
Then when someone completes all the levels, after the last level, make a part where you put your username in, and it'll open some kind of connection with a website... for example:
http://www.levelgame.net/newHOF.php?act ... e=Clarence
Then inside of the PHP file you'd find something like this:

Code: Select all

<?php
include("dbConfig.php");
$password = "Super_Secret_Password_Goes_here";
$getPassword = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['password']);
if($password == $getPassword) {
$username = mysql_real_escape_string($_GET['password']);
if(mysql_query("INSERT INTO HallOfFame (`username`,`date of completion`) VALUES ('$username',NOW())")) {
echo "success";
} else {
echo "error";
}
} else {
echo "incorrect password";
}
?>
That's pretty much the basics.. I could help you if you need any help PHP related.

By the way, that password variable would be something in the game coding that only you know, making it so people can't just go to that URL and add their own hall of fame entries, it'd have to be done by the game itself.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Thanks pal, I'll try to meet up with Jon soon and see if we can work this out.

Really, this is great!

Thanks a bunch!
achardrys
Starting to fit in

Post by achardrys »

No problem.
I looked it up and you guys should have access to MySql and PHP.
Let me know if I can help
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Yeah, I pretty much need to do this with Jon cause he's better at this stuff then me, he's kinda sick right now though, but I'll meet up with him and if we can't figure this out then we'll let ya know.

We tried this before but I forget exactly what the problem was.
achardrys
Starting to fit in

Post by achardrys »

alright
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

You should randomize the questions
only other problem is that it would be impossible to offer advice on the levels, like hints then.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Hey Jon here. I've already tried that but we've changed hosting recently so we'll give it a try again. Also with your affiliate program, I moved the link off to the right because where clarence had it, the link appeared to give credit of the game to your site. It's still nice and visibile though. Thanks for everything.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

This post may seem meaningless, but trust me, it is not.

Jon Rocks. Full on!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

I trust you :D

Nice to see Jonny Boy posting
achardrys
Starting to fit in

Post by achardrys »

Alright thanks Jon.
If you need any help with the PHP/MySql related stuff let me know