Funyuns - For Clarence

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Funyuns - For Clarence

Post by Dowster »

Ok it seems that you were unsatisfied with the perfectly reasonable answer that was given to you in the original thread, so just for you here is a more in depth exploration of your concept.

The first thing we have to consider is that a sky high pile of Funyuns will need something to hold them in place, otherwise they would just fall over when stacked on top of a person. So we have to assume that they are all superglued together like some kind of oniony tower of babel and then affixed somehow (maybe to a spacestation) from the top so they're unable to move. The only other option would be a kind of pyramid shaped structure with the person buried in the middle at the base.

Now the thing about your chosen material is that it's full of air, they have air bubbles in the actual rings and a large hole in the middle, so the higher you build the stack the more air gaps you're creating, even if you overlap them as much as possible you still can not possibly fill the holes in the middle or take away the air bubbles. So what this means is that for anyone trapped under such a pile all they would need to do would be to move the funyuns directly in contact with their body into some of the air space around them - by breaking crushing or condensing them, no matter how high the pile the "victim" would never have to lift the whole thing. In fact the only way to effectively trap someone, would be to crush them all into a fine powder of crumbs and use them like sand. Exactly how many this would take I can't say for sure, but im not Zot so you`ll just have to live with it
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Re: Funyuns - For Clarence

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

That's so cool...

I <3 Funyuns.....
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

lol, nice answer!

Ok, well what would happen if we replaced Funyuns with gummy bears?
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Yeah that would work, you'd probably only need around about 100 -150kg if they were all stuck together in a solid block and pinned from the top, but in the pyaramid structure you would need several thousand kg before it becomes impossible for a trapped person to displace any of the "loose" bears
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

As a prank I once out a dark colored gummi bear on a friend's black car. In the sun. Ha ha.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

GreatZot wrote:As a prank I once out a dark colored gummi bear on a friend's black car. In the sun. Ha ha.
Wow, ever tried that with bologna? It'll eat right through the paint down to the bear metal........so I've been told...
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I so have to try that now. :D
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

Which, the gummi bear, or the bologna?
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...