1: Yourself with 10 facts

Answer the question of the week with a picture, and learn more about each other!
Shay
recuerdame

1: Yourself with 10 facts

Post by Shay »

Post a picture of yourself with 10 facts

1. I was born December 8th, 1987 at 9:20 PM.
2. I love the shazam! out of cheese.
3. I made National Honor Role three years in a row when I was in high school.
4. I turned down an offer to make $25,000 by featuring myself in the Perfect 10 magazine.
5. I am extremely manipulative in everything I do.
I have a precise reason for every action, every word spoken, and every thought to get a preferred outcome from those around me.

6. I was born with violet eyes.
7. Though I may not like you, I generally still care as a person.
8. I'll be the first to admit that I am a huge flirt and am addicted to attention from boys.
9. I want everybody to like me.
10. I am an extreme pessimist.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Week 1

Post by chex »

1. I'm a April Fools baby, turning 27 this year.
2. I miss bar night, but if this pregnancy has a happy ending, it will be worth it.
3. My track record sucks. :lol: Froot Loop, miscarriage, Apple Jack, ectopic, Corn Pop is still up in the air.
4. I'm very vain, and refused to participate in this thread until I could shower and take a decent pic. :oops:
5. I went to Franklin Pierce College, but dropped out after one semester because I just couldn't afford it.
6. While in college, I turned down a nude modeling job because Mr. chex was uncomfortable with the idea of other people seeing me naked. I still regret it.
7. My family and I have plans to build a house on my mom's property (she and my step-dad just bought a house with 9.5 acres) after Mr. chex retires. I LOVE looking at house plans.
8. I'm a name nerd. I have to refrain from asking people I barely know what their middle name is, just because I like hearing the first-middle combos. And I'm very judgy about what other people name their children. :lol:
9. I've met three NELG members, and spoken to two others on the phone.
10. I love taking pictures, and hate the "artsy" effects. I think that when people use filters on every picture, it really detracts form the subject. It's okay once in a while, but I'd much rather see a clear photo with an interesting composition and good lighting. Black and white is nice, as is the occasional color splash.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

So I'll replace it when I find an up-to-date (ish) photo (it's an avatar I made years ago for another website - my current one there is better, but I nicked this off their blog). My camera doesn't work well, so I can't just take a picture.

Aaaaanyway, my facts:

- I am a Winter sprog (born at 15:15 on 9/2).

- I often hide what I think, because I don't want to offend people or embarass myself.

- Me and Kiwi have a human-human friendship, not human-pet.

- I have worry issues.

- I'm a redhead (although you knew that).

- I refuse to eat mild cheese, or even mature cheese. It has to be extra mature.

- I own a lot of shoes and jewellery (and soon glasses) that people think are amazing. Also a t-shirt.

- I have had the same 'work' for half my life (literally), although it's tougher now, and for more pay.

- I feel that my teenage years have been my worst years.

- I don't like change.

Okay, so there facts are pretty bad ones, but there's not much else to say without being specific.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Stuff,

- I like to draw <3
- I'll probably end up living somewhere other than where I live, maybe a city where there are 4 seasons (like somewhere in Virginia?)
- 2010 was my FAVORITE year so far.
- I'm a guy with long hair AND I'M PROUD OF IT! :D
- I like the songs Katamari on the Swing, The Future Soon, Don't Stop Me Now, Put on Your Sunday Clothes, The list could go on forever!
- My favorite book so far is a tie between Going Bovine and American Gods.
- Like most people, I'm afraid to admit things... but I'm also an attention Shay so I probably end up admitting some things anyways.
- I like the Internet (Especially Newgrounds, Deviant Art, LEVELGAME!!!, etc.)
- Turing 14 this year Born in October!
- I'm an OPTIMIST!!!!!!!
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Facts
- I like to sleep
- I like books that are based off of video games
- I'm 15 [Plan to get my permit soon]
- Blogging comes to me as a challenge, but I try to do it anyway
- I'm an Internet addict
- My favourite movie series is 'The Lord of the Rings'
- I play too much computer/Xbox
- I currently have GPA[Grade Point Average] that is higher than 3.500
- My favorite game is probably Halo: Reach or maybe Guild Wars
- I'm not very creative
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Redders
Artiste

Post by Redders »

1. thats my Boris cosplay. made it myself. well, i dont have the rest of it on but atleast the wig and ears and collar are there. oh, and the gloves. cant forget the gloves.
2. i like wolves
3. cheshire cat fan
4. dont smurf with my skittles. im serious, i love my skittles.
5. i like to wear wigs.
6. that pink wall will be repainted soon
7. i refuse to put up pictures of my dog sandy, she is too spoiled/stuck up. expect more of rocky to come soon.
8. i can be very sarcastic in real life.
9. when i get angry i swear like a trucker
10. i ran out of space to put facts, but trust me this list could go on forever. TASTE MY RAINBOW!
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

You look quite different with the cosplay red. XD I'm sure it's the wig though. :P
Redders
Artiste

Post by Redders »

yeah, in real life that wig looks tons better though. for some reason i dislike pink and yet it looks good on me XD

that wig hasn't been on since halloween though, so its gotten all sorts of poofy and out of shape which is why it looks all weird.

hehe, the rest of it looks stranger. its supposed to be a guy and im a girl so the appearance is way different...
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

It's a cool costume either way tho.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

1.) I like that pic.
2.) I touched Zot's hair.
3.) I had breakfast with chexy and her awesome kids.
4.) Relatives sometimes suck big time.
5.) Jellybeans are awesome, in nearly all flavours. Maybe not the jalapeno ones.
6.) When you think everything is good now there's something waiting around the corner.
7.) Distances suck. In many ways.
8.) One of my dreams is to have a big NELG forum meeting sometimes somewhere with all the members who are rarely on too. Well, not all.
9.) Sometimes I think I have the wrong job.
10.) I'm a realist.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

bella wrote: 8.) One of my dreams is to have a big NELG forum meeting sometimes somewhere with all the members who are rarely on too. Well, not all.
That would be awesome! :D
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Aww, Bells, you make me smile. :)
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Just found out that I can take pictures using the webcam on my laptop. But I don't look my best at 7 in the morning, when I'm in my pyjamas with a weird blanket, and my hair is all over the place. If I get a chance, I'll take one later, although tbh, I doubt it really matters that much to anyone.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

It does not matter what you look like, no. :P
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

No, I meant that fact that I haven't taken a photo.

Maybe later if I have time and look vaguely normal.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Whatever works. I don't think it's a big deal regardless. There will be plenty of other pics to post too. Afterall, this goes on for 30 weeks. Hehe :)
chex

Post by chex »

Shay, I gotta know, why did you turn down that opportunity?

Ali, I was disappointed that you didn't post an updated pic of yourself.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Because as sad as it is, jobs still look at your outside activities and things you've done up to that point in their hiring process. I don't want to miss out on a great job opportunity just because I posed for a magazine. Plus then I started thinking about all the creepy stalkers I have and the possibilities of one of them finding out that I was in magazine. That stirs up a lot of creepy and gross thoughts.
chex

Post by chex »

shazam! like that pisses me off. One, if you personal life doesn't affect your job, they shouldn't care. Two, IT'S JUST A smurf BODY! Judgy balloon knot.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Sorry, webcam didn't make a larger pic.

- I like needlework, and art.
- I love the Wheel of time series and I can't wait until the last two books are being published.
- I just love to read.
- I have a thyroid disfunction, which pisses me off.
- I'm overweight, partly because of above mentioned hypothyriod.
- The computergames that I love most are adventuregames, like Myst. Favorite tabletop games are Catan and Carcasonne.
- I'm very creative, mostly with graphic things like photoshop and painting.
- I'm looking for a job.
- With cooking I like to use fresh ingredients. Lasagne is my favorite dish. To make and to eat. :grill:
- I'm addicted to chewing gum and coffee. Not at the same time though. And it's the taste of coffee, not the cafeine, since I always use decaf.