Nosy people

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Nosy people

Post by chex »

I'm so smurf sick of people messaging me on Facebook, just to ask how the pregnancy is going. People I talk to regularly, sure, but people who I went to high school with and never talk to me otherwise? smurf off! My medical information is none of your goddamn business. If I wanted to share additional information, I would have put it in my status update. Messaging me when you want an update on my body, telling me to try not to stress about it, then taking off again is just smurf rude. Gee, thanks for your concern. I'll see you the next time you feel the need to pry into my life so you can feel informed. :roll: Oh, you're praying for me? You're hoping it works out? Well halle-smurf-lujah. Hope that makes you feel better. You can go pat yourself on the back now. Little tip, balloon knot: it does absolutely NOTHING positive for me (you know, the one your oh-so-curious about and who is actually the one it's happening to). In fact, it's quite the opposite. Having to constantly repeat the fact that I still know nothing new, and I'm still at risk for miscarriage only to hear the same clichéd febreeze over and over again, is actually pretty depressing.
bella
the two timer

Re: Nosy people

Post by bella »

People are concerned and they like to show they still care. Somehow. Agreed, if they didn't give a damn and only show up now to say it must be hard, thinking of you and all that stuff is not very nice.

Maybe they think if you write it in your status you want to to talk about it. Dunno. It's easier to comment on a status than personally asking someone how he or she feels. Or to even call. Once they commented, they feel better since they showed some interest and they vanish again.
Yeah, I get your point.
chex

Post by chex »

Yeah, people who usually converse with me, I'll happily answer any questions they have. Happy to do so!

People who don't talk to me, other that to make themselves feel better for showing that they care... I'd rather they just comment on my status so I can ignore it. :lol:
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I ignore messages too.

It may not be quite the same thing, but I'll be at lunch and I'll be talking to Friend A. Friend B will not shut up, and is not part of any conversation, so she tries to butt herself into mine by asking, "Who?! What?! Where?! What's happening?! SOMEONE TELL ME!" And I'm like, "smurf off, it's none of your business." And then she gets all pissed and I'm like, "Yeah, I'm TOTALLY the one that's in the wrong here." And she also doesn't have any consideration for people's personal space. Like this one time, I was standing there, and she got really close to me. I said, "{insert name here}, personal space." And she just said, "No." What the hell?!

And over the summer I was having issues with that thing I mentioned in List Signers and over who I liked (clichéd, but whatever), so that person's friend got all personal with me, asking me questions and shazam! like that and I was so not having that. It just pissed me off to no end. So I told her off, and she decided to block me on facebook, like the immature, inconsiderate, nosy bigot she is.

These people annoy me.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Ah, immature horrible people, and all the drama they create, then everyone else wants to know what happened. I'll shut up now.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Shexy don't get anoyed by stupid ppl , don't get upset , fak'em .I hate nosy ppl , the problem is that they are everywhere . ignore
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
chex

Post by chex »

I got another message (FB chat) from one of the people bugging me for updates. "u see ur doc yet?" Well, I said on my damn wall that I wouldn't know until later today or Monday. Even if I HAD talked to my OB, why the hell would I want to update some chick I haven't seen since I was 15 before I tell my husband and my mother? Jesus smurf christ. I just told her I'd update when I know more.
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

I'm quite nosy myself but then the only people I really bug for information are my closest friends. I think it's kind of human nature though, to want to know everything, but then it's also irritating because sometimes people don't know when to stop.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
chex

Post by chex »

Yeah, close friends are one thing. The main person I'm jabberwocky about I haven't seen in over ten years, and never talks to me unless she's looking for an update on my pregnancy. She doesn't even bother with a smurf 'hello' when she messages me- just starts asking me what's going on. smurf, I've been updating on FB! Stop thinking you're special and should get personal updates!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

* Ignore *
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex

Post by chex »

smurf that. Next time she pesters me, I'm going to tell her to knock it off, and she can find out what I choose to share on FB, when I choose to share it, like everyone else.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

*remove*
chex

Post by chex »

That's something else I've considered. I've only unfriended one person before though. It just feels mean! :lol:
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

And I guess I know whom. :twisted: And it felt good.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

This just reminded me of something. My sister's boyfriend's sister (woah...) posted a message on my wall of FB, saying, "My brother and your sister are getting married... tehehe...". WTF?! I've never even spoken to this girl! Okay, so I know my sister's engaged - she has been for about half a year now. And I know I added this girl around about that time, but why post that now?!

Meh, I think I'm overreacting. Again.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
chex

Post by chex »

I finally unfriended the person who was annoying me. Not for that, but because I got sick of seeing stupid posts like "I didn't wear a bike helmet, and I survived!" and "zOMG Pepsi left god out of the pledge on their can!!!!"

Meanness is justified if the person is stupid, apparently. The logic of chex. :lol:
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

One of the best things I ever did on Facebook was unfriend people I didn't like. Unfortunately, I still get stuff from people that I occasionally speak to, such as an app request girl, saying that I was one of her top stalkers. Must've beenout of about 50 then, although if she stopped sending me Farmville requests, it might not happen.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Wtf is it with people who play farmville? I don't have the damn app, I never had the damn app, but I get multiple requests every day from people asking me to help them with some shazam! or send them a randy chicken, or be their buddy and hold their winky while they piss on their crops

Seriously go outside and plant a friggin tree, or do something useful with your time, jeez
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I totally agree Dowster.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

:lmao: I love the way you rant.

I play some of these games, it's a good distraction sometimes but it gets so annoying when you have to bug people in order to complete some stupid missions. And I don't wanna invite anyone or beg someone to join if he doesn't want to (they always suggest you people to add).