Religion

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Re: Religion

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I didn't even bother reading some of Renesme's super-long posts. It's so repetitive anyways.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I don't feel like getting pissed off.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

I skim over each one, but I know the basic meaning of all of them.
Evil Lisa
Pimp

Post by Evil Lisa »

Naesme I can't even formulate a response to the ridiculousness you posted. Maybe it is because I am buzzed on the blood of Christ, but that is neither her nor that at this point...

What I do have to say is the information you spew is unreal. Do you even read what you are writing. It makes no sense and you repeat yourself in ever post. This isn't even a discussion of religion any longer, rather a sad look in to your closed-minded bigoted opinion.

I highly doubt you have actually read ANY studies by Atheists, because if you did you would have a better sense of what reality is.
I just want to get up to my shack and get drunk. -The Thing

[
chex

Post by chex »

I skimmed. That was a mistake. I'm not replying to the topic at hand yet, but this...
Naesme wrote:And, btw, whoever put the crap at the end of my profile, that's really stupid =/
EVERYONE had a sig from a scary movie added to their sig for Halloween. Nice observational skills though. :roll:
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

hex wrote:I skimmed. That was a mistake.
How come? :(
chex

Post by chex »

Because that bastard killed my buzz!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

You know me, I read every word. Seems the basic thing is mixing belief with fact. Goes back to that faith discussion about 6 pages ago. If a person believes something, great. They should act on it and live that way. But if they criticize and judge based on beliefs, that is prejudicial. Not good.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Evil Lisa
Pimp

Post by Evil Lisa »

GreatZot wrote:You know me, I read every word. Seems the basic thing is mixing belief with fact. Goes back to that faith discussion about 6 pages ago. If a person believes something, great. They should act on it and live that way. But if they criticize and judge based on beliefs, that is prejudicial. Not good.

Completely agree.

[
chex

Post by chex »

Naesme wrote: There are mentally handicapped animals too. Does that make it natural and ok and right and should they be left alone and not helped? Nope. There are homosexuals that cant control what they think. I understand that, in fact I've already said that. Now, there are thieves that can't control their urge to steal, murderers who can't help but kill, and liars who can't help but lie. Also, pedophiles are just sexually attracted to children. Do any of them deserve rights? Nope. Tell me, if two guys or girls having tickle fights is ok, then why isn't a grown man looking at an image of a child right? Oh yeah, CAUSE IT'S NOT NORMAL! IT'S SICK AND DISGUSTING! Funny, 2 men = right. 2 women = right. 1 man + 1 young woman = wrong. Or 1 older woman + 1 younger man = wrong. Or 1 older person + 1 younger person of same tickle fight = wrong. Hmmm, why's that? Oh yeah, we see age divides but not gender divides. Because all genders are equal but not all ages are. Homosexuality breaks the gender divide of sexuality and therefore people don't wanna say it's wrong, cause it promotes gender equality. A different perspective there for you to think about.
Okay, I'm not going to even bother with the rest of your febreeze, but do not compare gays to murderers, thieves, and pedophiles. Murderers, thieves and pedophiles all victimize someone. Being gay victimizes NO ONE.

And as for the "it's not normal, it's sick and disgusting" reaction to pedophilia, yes, but the child cannot consent. They don't have the development to make that decision. It's victimizing them, and THAT is why it is wrong. Two adult males or two adult females? Both perfectly able to consent.
Evil Lisa
Pimp

Post by Evil Lisa »

Re: The quote Chex has above....

Not one single word of that made any coherent sense. Seriously.

Pedophilia is not right because children are small and innocent and do not understand what is going on. They are being taken advantage of and many times RAPED. Homosexuality is not even comparable.

Naesme you need to get a grip on reality. It is utterly disgusting that you would even group homosexuals with thieves, murders, etc. You just keep throwing out judgments. Gross.

[
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

So... anyone here into Zoroastrianism? Yeah! The Sun is AWESOME!

For you nerds out there, firefox was totally cool with my spelling of zoroastrianism!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

:lol: Zot.
Naesme
Twilight Fanboy

Post by Naesme »

I threw the pedophilia comparison in there to see if anyone caught the loophole. Believe it or not, that has worked in the past, although I can't imagine why. Yet homosexuality isn't always between adults. There are cases where homosexuality has victimized somebody. Ex, homoesexual pedos, homosexual raping a straight member of the same tickle fight, etc etc. Of course, that doesn't discredit homosexuals and make them all the same. I agree that there are a lot of good minded, tax paying, friendly homosexuals that do not force their opinions and that live normal lives.

Now, you got something wrong. A mental disability does not mean I am saying they are stupid or incapable of functioning in society. A mental disability only applies that their brain does not work in a 'normal' manner. I know a lot of homosexuals who are geniuses, and I actually know a few who have given me their view. Believe it or not, but I have had a homosexual say to me what he believes to be true about homosexuality: "You are probably right about Homosexuals. Maybe our brains don't function the way they should. However, I did not choose to be gay, nor did I choose to stay gay. I just chose to accept it, study it, and do my best to live as normal of a life as I can. I will not say you are wrong in claiming this is a mental disorder, because I have come to that conclusion myself. However, I do not want to be psychoanalyzed or 'fixed'. Remember this, we may not choose to be homosexual, but we choose to accept being homosexual."

Probably won't believe me, but whatever. I'm not saying homosexuality should be shunned. I'm not saying we should force them to seek help either. All I'm saying is, the facts are that it is unnatural. But we let a slightly crazy man be a part of society as long as he causes no problems. Homosexuality is a mental disorder, however, it is not one that causes harm to other people. Therefore, they shouldn't be locked up nor should they be cast out of society. They should know the truth, but if they choose to live their lives, then oh well. We can't change that, and we shouldn't try. I'm not trying to change anyone, because they won't get the most out of it unless they do it themselves. I'm only telling the truth. Believe it or not, accept it or not, the truth is the truth.

I don't agree with homosexuality, but NEVER will I tear down a gay man with insults and judgement. I haven't done that, and I never will. I will tell them what I have learned to be the truth, and if nobody believes it, so be it. In my mind, homosexuality is wrong. But nobody lives 100% right, so I have no right to force anyone to live the way I think they should live. Say what you want, I'm not forcing anyone to believe anything and I am NOT close-minded. I'm open-minded. I research the truth, and I let people decide for themselves what they want to believe.

And, I just don't like the what the quote says in the sig XD
I am a friend and companion of the night. I rejoice in spilled blood and the baying of dogs. I wander among shades and tombs. I am Gorgo, and Mormo, of the thousand-faced moon. -The Touch of Satan
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Well Naesme, I am glad that you don't think gays should be shunned, but for one, with gay pedophilia, it's not the gay part that makes it wrong, it's the pedophilia part, and for two, with the word "mental disability" used on homosexuality, you are saying that gay people do not do have the same abilities as straight people do. (dis, meaning not, and ability, meaning, well, ability).
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Also, saying that it is the Truth, as in undeniable, universally understood and accepted fact.... Not enough research has been done to say anything like that. If you use that statement, you will have to qualify it... something like,"...the truth as I have come to understand it..."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Evil Lisa
Pimp

Post by Evil Lisa »

OMG Naesme, please stop talking. You're not doing yourself or us any favors.

[
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

I think the last 5 pages should be moved to gay marriage topic.

If only I was a mod (hint, hint :P )
chex

Post by chex »

Naesme wrote:Yet homosexuality isn't always between adults. There are cases where homosexuality has victimized somebody. Ex, homoesexual pedos, homosexual raping a straight member of the same tickle fight, etc etc.
Um, that has nothing to do with being gay, just as an older man preying on a young girl has nothing to do with being straight. The sexuality is not even an issue; the crime is, and to say that homosexuality even factors in there is completely ridiculous.
Naesme wrote:I don't agree with homosexuality, but NEVER will I tear down a gay man with insults and judgement.
Your posts have been filled with judgment.
Naesme wrote:In my mind, homosexuality is wrong.
See?
Naesme wrote:All I'm saying is, the facts are that it is unnatural.
It is perfectly natural, as it occurs in nature!
All work and no play wrote:and for two, with the word "mental disability" used on homosexuality, you are saying that gay people do not do have the same abilities as straight people do. (dis, meaning not, and ability, meaning, well, ability).
Thank you for saving me the trouble :D
All work and no play wrote:I think the last 5 pages should be moved to gay marriage topic.
I thought about it, but figured since all he's done is regurgitate things from his religion, it's still fitting to leave it here.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

hex wrote:
All work and no play wrote:and for two, with the word "mental disability" used on homosexuality, you are saying that gay people do not do have the same abilities as straight people do. (dis, meaning not, and ability, meaning, well, ability).
Thank you for saving me the trouble :D
Any time hex. :P