stupid parents

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
summer
Ancient Administrator

stupid parents

Post by summer »

There's a girl that was abducted last year that was in my daughter's grade. This girl was 8 years old and was taken from the park outside of the school. She was taken and sexually molested and then dropped off at some small town outside of our city. Our entire neighborhood was ripped apart and we all became fearful for our children. This girl who is 8 was constantly at the park unattended, day, night.. didn't matter. Sometimes she has her brother with her who is 4. After this incident, the mother was always seen with the daughter, walking her to school, to the park, everywhere.

Flash forward... this girl is now running the streets again, as well as her little brother. The 4 year old is always outside, either playing on the sidewalk or at the park, alone.

What pisses me off is that when something, God forbid, happens again to one of her children everyone becomes on high alert again and outraged that another child was hurt. She is making her children targets and I'm freakin pissed.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: stupid parents

Post by chex »

Are you smurf serious? And a four year old at the park alone too? She's just inviting that shazam! to happen again. :(
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Wow that's pretty smurf up. Why the hell would you even let your kids run around without you at that age anyway? That little boy could easily run out in the street and get hit by a car. Or run after a kitty and get stuck in a gutter. And of course the most horrible incident, the one that just happened. It's people like that that just piss me off to no end. Sometimes I wish there was a way to regulate people having kids. If you don't know how to take care of your children, you don't deserve them.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

I just can not believe a mother can do that!Is outrageous! :evil:
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I should add to my comment because I think the last part came out a little wrong. It's not that I think people who can't take care of their kids don't deserve them. I'll admit, it's not easy. I give props to those who try, and those even succeed. It's the ones that seem not to give a rat's bottom. Those who want a baby for the sake of carrying it and say that they have a child, then act as if they don't exist or are some pet that they can just play with when they please. Those are the people I don't think deserve children.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

Is not ok to let that kid all alone,seems like she doesnt give a damn about it.Still,is not ok for those horrible things to happend.No one should molest nobody,especially not a child.You can not be with him every single second of his life and leaving with the fear that something like that could happend,can get you out of your mind.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Well I would say this woman doesn't deserve to have children. Yes, it's unfortunate that some people can be so vile, but at the same time she shouldn't have left her kids alone at a park. Yes, I know you can't be with your kid every waking moment. But at that age, if you can't be with them, get a damn babysitter. Don't have the money for a babysitter? Leave them with a friend or a family member. But do not let them run free at the ages of 4 and 8. That's just asking for trouble. I'm not going to say she deserved to have those things happen to her. I wouldn't wish that on any child and I feel very sorry for those children to have such an irresponsible mother who doesn't seem to care. The fact that she spent every moment with them afterwards and now is back to the same old routine is just a major slap in the face.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

Those things dont happend to the mother,they happend to the kid,who will be marked for the rest of his life,that kid should not pay for her iresponsability...somehow ,something must be done!
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I never said the kid had to pay for her irresponsibility. In fact, I clearly said that it was smurf up and I dont wish that up on any child. I was merely trying to state that this woman does not deserve to have children.

At any rate, I need to get some sleep while my cats are still calm. If they get riled up before I have a chance to go to bed, I'll never be able to sleep.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Poor kids.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

She doesn't deserve to have kids, period. She doesn't look after them, she has a younger child who is about 1 and I saw her the other day and she's pregnant again.

And it's funny you mention kittens and chasing them, that's how the pedophile got her to get in his truck, he said he had kittens.

I completely blame the mother for what happened to the child, if she would of been more responsible if probably wouldn't of happened. The man told police he had been stalking the child for a while.

And no, you can't be with them all the time. You can teach them stranger danger and how to protect themselves. My daughter is 8, and I let her walk to school on her own and back (it's about a block and a half), but we have educated her on certain things. This is not to say that something couldn't happen (God forbid), but I would never let her play at the park completely alone for hours on end.
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

8 is way too young to let them roam the streets. Blame the mother.

This is smurf insane. :evil:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

summer wrote:She doesn't deserve to have kids, period. She doesn't look after them, she has a younger child who is about 1 and I saw her the other day and she's pregnant again.

And it's funny you mention kittens and chasing them, that's how the pedophile got her to get in his truck, he said he had kittens.

I completely blame the mother for what happened to the child, if she would of been more responsible if probably wouldn't of happened. The man told police he had been stalking the child for a while.

And no, you can't be with them all the time. You can teach them stranger danger and how to protect themselves. My daughter is 8, and I let her walk to school on her own and back (it's about a block and a half), but we have educated her on certain things. This is not to say that something couldn't happen (God forbid), but I would never let her play at the park completely alone for hours on end.
Exactly. That is what I was trying to say, but I'm not too good at putting my thoughts into words.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

That makes me so angry. How can she do this to her kids after all her daughter had to go through? The children should be taken away from her and given to relatives or foster parents who really care.
Gah, I'll stop now or I get rude.
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

You're all going to hate me for this but:

I don't remember ever having boundaries when I was a kid. The bus stop was a five to ten minute walk, and we had to cross a major highway. I could roam as far as I wanted. I wasn't dumb enough to get into strangers vehicles, or get lost. What ever happened to survival of the fittest?
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

Times have changed.

I use to walk to school when I was in Kindergarten by myself all the time, plus I had to walk down a major, heavily trafficked road. You can't let your kids do what you use to do when you were young, it's a completely different playing field now.
chex

Post by chex »

summer wrote: plus I had to walk down a major, heavily trafficked road.
Those horse drawn carriages could run you over at any time!
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

That's 2 today chex...

do you want to go for 3?
chex

Post by chex »

I say it with love. :D
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yeah I used to walk to school when I was in kindergarten too. I only had someone try to pick me up once and I told her no and kept on walking since the school was like two minutes away. There were times when I was in 5th grade where I walked from 76th and Vine clear down to 1st st (long bottom walk) by myself and Vine street is a very busy street. There were a lot of things I could do when I was younger. But unfortunately that's not the same story these days. More and more I hear of people getting kidnapped, raped, or killed. =[