equal rights

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
Wesley
GOD

equal rights

Post by Wesley »

So, is this group all about equal gender expression, or just a thin veil to hide their exhibitionism?

http://www.gotopless.org/

Seems I missed National Go Topless Day over the weekend....

....Or is it next weekend? Whoo Hoo!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: equal rights

Post by chex »

If my husband's nipples aren't obscene, neither are mine. Female breasts are only sexualized so much because they're kept taboo.

And on a side note, I don't think any of the women pictured on that site have had children. :notme:
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I agree what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If you look at the website, they are also promoting Raelian Extra Terrestrial Creationism. Pffft. Anyway, if I can walk down the street with no shirt, so should all the ladies.

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex

Post by chex »

I'm not sure I'd want to at the moment, given that I like the support to lift them off my stomach shelf, but when my body is normal again, it would be nice. They enjoy the breeze of my ceiling fan at night. :D
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

I don't see anything wrong with it, though whenever I walk past anyone without a shirt, unless it's hot out, I always think (DUDE PUT ON A SHIRT), but I don't think it's wrong anyways... so yah.

in general I just support shirt wearing for guys too...

...or else women could go topless too, whatever that's OK. I mean it's not like after it's legalized you will see topless women EVERYWHERE, only just as often as topless guys.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I haven't checked out the link yet since I'm at work. Not sure if there is anything in there that I should probably not open here at work.

However, I have been complaining about equal rights in this sense since elementary school and the incredibly hot days playing football. If a dude can go without a shirt, a girl should be able to do so just as rightfully.

Also...on a side note...I seriously don't get why women can wear the skimpiest of bikinis around town but you can't be outside in bra and panties. Half the time bras and panties these days cover more than the typical bikini!
Mouse
*must post whore*

Post by Mouse »

I think that women not being permitted to go topless in public is ridiculous. It's not like we would wander around, caressing our breasts in a sexual manner, they're tits, we all have 'em - hell, I know some guys whose tits are bigger than mine! Why can they go shirtless and I can't!?!
chex

Post by chex »

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Only thing wrong with Helen in that picture is the location of her sunglasses --not over covering her eyes.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

lol this is so true.
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Can I throw out some points as the devil's advocate?

1.) Men are more likely to aggressively go after the things that they lust for. There's far less female rapists in jail than men. Clothing is a form of self defense against those that have little to no self control.

2.) For a good number of ladies, breasts dangle and move. As a male, I have parts that dangle and move. I wear protection so that I'm not hitting them off of things or a bee lands on them or something. Again, clothing is protection.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Mongolian throat singing
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Jonny Boy wrote: 1.) Men are more likely to aggressively go after the things that they lust for. There's far less female rapists in jail than men. Clothing is a form of self defense against those that have little to no self control.
Now don't be silly, you wouldn't say that a woman's clothes are "asking for it" if they are too skimpy right? Guys who are rapists probably don't care about what women are wearing anyways...

Or are you being sarcastic. :?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Take what he said at face value. On the simplest levels, man want boob. Man see boob. Man take boob. If man no see boob, man no feel need to take boob. Get it now?

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I think that's all horse shazam!. It's providing a sorry bottom excuse for men and women not to have more self-control. As for "protection", that's neither here nor there. I agree with Clov in this one. If someone is going to take advantage of another, it has little to do with whether or not they're clothed.

Let's face it. What y'all are really butthurt about is the fact that they're THERE and you can no longer use your imagination of what's underneath. :lol:

Another side note.. in my house, men and women are free to walk around topless or even full on naked. In fact, we do all the time. If someone doesn't like it, don't gotta come over. Pretty much only time clothing is required is family. Might be a tad bit awkward. Lol
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

It's the same reason why I don't want children in skimpy clothing. By suggesting that something is a sexual being, it makes them a target. If I was a woman, I wouldn't walk around naked in public, however private is something else entirely. If I knew that potentially women would drug me and rape me if I wore shorts that were a little too tight, then I wouldn't wear shorts like that. In private where you can trust those around you not to knock you down and rape you, that's a whole other thing. Between civilized people, nudity can be perfectly fine but for society in general it really isn't. You can't expect all people everywhere to be civil, that's an unrealistic expectation. You should be able to trust people not to cheat, steal, kill, rape but the truth of the matter is that not everyone is intelligent, civilized or trustworthy.

To quote Tommy Lee Jones in MIB - "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."
chex

Post by chex »

Look at cultures where women generally do go topless. Boobies aren't a big deal, and after some time, the same attitude would happen here. Covering breasts and making them taboo is what suggests that they're sexual.

But either way, if a grown woman wants to go topless, she should be able to. The "for your own protection" is misogynistic febreeze that says women are too weak and fragile to make that decision for themselves. A grown woman is completely different from a child.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Couldn't agree more with Chex.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Men still lust for women clothes or not, and Jon, women DO have the potential to drug and rape you, it just doesn't have anything to do with the clothes that you wear. This may not be an acurate analogy, but isn't rape still a problem in cultures where women have to completely cover themselves?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I am fine with people walking around with their stuff hanging out, just don't have your dong out while you are making my sandwich.

As far as the other stuff, if you saw a pile of money just sitting there, you might want to take a little. If you did not see any money, you would not think to take any of it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, just pointing out the logic in Jon's argument. To follow it through, if there were piles of money everywhere, and you knew they were not yours, and everyone could see them, you would also not feel the need to take any.

Our society has desensitized us to violence, language, corruption... but tickle fight is still a touchy, taboo subject. If I had kids, I would rather they see naked people on TV than to see some guys head exploding.

This debate has turned out to be quite interesting.

~ Donnie Yen ~