Apparently I already have three children.

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Apparently I already have three children.

Post by chex »

chex wrote:Boxes. My husband orders running shoes online twice a year, then throws the boxes in the mudroom, leaving them for me to take care of. He does this with every box from something he orders online. So I collapse them, like the schmuck I am, and have them all piled neatly into a larger box for him to take out on trash/recycling day. And yes, I tell him to take it out when he leaves for work. He has to bring the trash down anyway. Does he do it? Of course not. He says "I ain't got time in the morning." Really? You get up early to play video games. Try turning off the Xbox two minutes earlier so you have the time!
After getting all the boxes (and pop cans) ready for recycling yesterday, and specifically telling him to take them out with the trash, he didn't have time again. Fine, the kids were being extra difficult so I won't hold that against him. I got out what I could while the kids were in their carseats before my appointment. (Otherwise AJ will follow me to the curb, and he's a runner) I wasn't able to get the big box of cardboard out, because my stomach gets in the way, but I was able to get the rest. So what does Mr. chex do when he gets home? He opens the package his textbook (online college) came in, and leaves it on the smurf floor! Apparently since cleaning is part of my job as a stay-at-home-mom, he gets to trash the place and I'll just be a good little wife and pick up after him. I swear to smurf christ, if he doesn't knock that shazam! off, he'll get his own goddamn bedroom, and I'll just move his trash in there, close the door, and let him live in his own filth. smurf inconsiderate smurf. I have enough shazam! to do without being his goddamn maid.
bella
the two timer

Re: Apparently I already have three children.

Post by bella »

Shove it up his face, he makes dirt, he cleans it. You could collect the boxes and pile them up on his side of the bed.

Joking aside, partnership is cooperation, if he's not willing to help you with such little things (you're pregnant, damn it! and he should do it even if you're not) stop doing something for him, like cleaning his socks or cooking his favourite dishes. You're not his maid.
chex

Post by chex »

As long as he isn't throwing sweaty gym clothes in the basket without airing them out first, I have no problem with doing his laundry. (I won't put it away for him though) I consider that part of regular housework, like dishes and vacuuming.

And I've definitely tried piling it all on his side of the bed. It gets ignored all day, then pushed to the floor at night. He just doesn't care if the house is a mess. Apparently since I care, it's all on me. I'm going to have to wait a few weeks to talk to him about it (again) though. Any negative emotions I feel right now are simply the result of hormones, and therefore, nothing to take seriously. :roll:
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Sometimes I wish men could get pregnant.
chex

Post by chex »

Oh, that would be awesome. I'd love to never again have to hear that if he can do something easily being overweight, I should be able to do it just as easily while pregnant, since he still weighs more.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Tie a small beer barrel around his stomach and ask him to do it again.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Sometimes I wish more men were like me. There would be more happy women then.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Mouse
*must post whore*

Post by Mouse »

next time he puts cardboard on the floor, just look at him and say "Am I gonna hafta smackabitch?"
chex

Post by chex »

I put it on a shelf in the room where he keeps his uniforms. It's all his crap in that room. The rest of us have to walk through to use the bathroom, but other than that, I don't have to deal with it.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I need to take a piuc and post it here , i'll do it real soon .

K
this is what i see in the last 6\7 days when i go in
n out'a my home . i took these boxes to the step of the door to make him see it when he goes in or out . still , it stands there like fak .

fak you guys .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday