Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Artistic Behavior

Post by chex »

I love those bears! :D
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I posted this on FB, but I thought I would post it here too for the fellow artists that I do not have on FB.

I really didn't want to share this until it was finished, but I am at a struggling point. Could I possibly elicit the assistance from my other talented friends and family? I am having an extremely hard time with the placement of her arm. This piece is far from finished, but I feel like I cannot go forward from here without figuring out the arm and I have spent several days trying to get it right.

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

With the size of her frame, and the position of the lamp, her elbow should be just a bit higher than her shoulder. If you try to hold a lamp like that with your elbow in, your arm gets all kinked up and stuff, and you may burn your forearm. Also, the length of the upper arm suggests that you should be able to see her elbow sticking out past the lamp just a little bit. Does that help?
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I get what you're saying. I think I'm going to take a break from it and come back to it another day. It seems I get my inspiration in spurts and when I get stuck, I just gotta give it a rest for a little bit so I don't get overly frustrated. That's something I'm working on at the moment. Learning to walk away. :)
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I love that pic Shay
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

What you've got so far is brilliant.

For the arm, maybe you could stand in front of a mirror, hold your hand where the hand in the picture is, and see where your arm is? If you could get someone to take a picture, you could also use that as a reference while drawing.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

My buddy, Brett, did an overlay guide for me. So once I have the urge to come back to this one, I'ma take another stab at it.

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

My very first sketch on a drawing tablet! My friend gave me his Bamboo Fun tablet. I have so much to learn and a long way to go to where I want to be, but I loved doing this so much.