Your name

In this section there is topics to get to know you better: post a picture of yourself, age, s.e.x., location, you know stuff like that. So please stop in and let us get to know you better or vice versa.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Your name

Post by chex »

Clovvach's post here got me thinking... does anyone else know how they got their name?

I'm Jennifer Sarah. My mom picked my first name, since my dad had two kids already from a previous marriage. My mom named me after this movie. I'm not sure why my dad picked my middle name though.
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Re: Your name

Post by UnknownSoldier »

I am a statistic. A number, one of the fallen. When I die I will remain nameless. I am one of the many discarded by the government. My heart and soul is buried with my brothers and sisters in a sacred tomb in washington. That is who I am... I was once an american soldier, but I am now the Unknown Soldier.

If we are talking about real names, I was named after my grandfather
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I was named after my Father... who I never met...
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

No clue how I got my name, All I know is that my name would have been Morgan, regardless of my gender
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

It's weird, because my First name is of European descent and my last name is of Chinese decent (Tristan Hsieh) "Hsieh" pronounced "see", but people are constantly saying "Tristan Huh-si-ah" or "Tristan Heesh" I'm like "goddamnitits'see'"
chex

Post by chex »

I thought it was Say. I was close!

SD, I strongly prefer your name on a male, so yay! :D
Moe

Post by Moe »

I thought it was pronounced like 'Sigh'
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

My full names are Catharina Helena Cornelia Getruda Maria.
I'm named after (subsequently) my grandmother, my godmother, another grandmother, yet another grandmother, my mother.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Not sure how I got my names. But my middle name is the same as my father and his father's father.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Where as everyone knows me as Shay, my real name is Shannon Raquel Voss. My mother chose my first and last name. My father chose my middle name. I don't really know why my dad chose Raquel other than it is a Spanish name and wanted to keep part of our culture. My mother named me after this song, and kept my last name as her maiden name instead of going with my dad's last name, Lyne, because she didn't want to have another child buried without her last name. (My older brother Greg died when he was three and had the common last name of Johnson.)
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I am Jacob McKenzie.

Jacob was chose because my parents, from the time they got together, knew they would name their oldest boy Jacob. McKenzie is the same middle name as my father's and his father's, and it was actually my great-grandmother's maiden name, and even though it is spelled the Irish way (without the 'a'), she hailed from Aberdeen, Scotland. It's become a tradition in our family to have the oldest son have the middle name of McKenzie, and I plan on continuing that tradition.

Also, it's really fun when people ask what my middle name is, because they can never get it right. :lol:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
chex

Post by chex »

See, McKenzie works for you, since the Mc/Mac prefix denotes "son of." What I hate is when people give their daughter that name be cause "it just sounds sooo kewt!!!"
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

Yeah, that pisses me off too. Like my name has real significance. And it also pisses me off when people say "But McKenzie is a girl's name...!" And all I can say is "You obviously have no effing clue of what you're talking about, because McKenzie is a unisex name to begin with, AND I just said it was a LAST name in my family, and that's why it's significant."

Some people just don't get it. Lol.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
chex

Post by chex »

Yaz Pistachio wrote:because McKenzie is a unisex name to begin with
I agree with everything but this. It's a surname that's acceptable on males. Idiot parents can use Michael on girls all the want, but that doesn't make it a unisex name. Same goes for McKenzie.

Not that I mock people on Yahoo Answers about that or anything... :notme:
Mouse
*must post whore*

Post by Mouse »

My name has no significance... Danica Lynn; the folks got 'Danica' from a friend of theirs whose daughter Danica changed her name at age 18, so it was up for grabs. Lynn was just because it sounded good with the first name.
Although, 'Danica' means 'Morning Star', which is also a way of referring to Satan... so, really, it fits.
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

I have no middle name, but i'm told 'Sirikorn' means 'building up happiness'. Someone i know looked it up on a thai translator and it came up with 'Armpit Snore', which is a bit worrying. I hope my parents haven't been hiding something from me... lol. Pretty sure it's a Thai name.

In thailand they are like SUPER superstitious, and when you're born you have to have a name with certain letters in it, depending on which day of the week you were born on, in order to have good luck or something. So my mum had a list of names for each day, and when i was born on whatever day i was born on, she looked at the list for that day and picked Sirikorn. The funny bit though, is that my parents picked 'Sirikorn' together because they thought it sounded English. Which makes no sense to me.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Moe

Post by Moe »

Gotta say, Sirikorn is a pretty awesome name though! Much more interesting than Morgan...

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Armpit Snore Green is about the most interesting name I have heard

Although I also find the idea of an armpit store rather intriguing, but that's perfectly normal right?
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

It wouldn't smell very nice...

My name is boring. Enough said.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Post by KecleonFan »

My Mom named me Ronald after my grandfather (or the president, who can tell.) ;)
Kecleon is the greatest! Don't you agree?

I'm watching you! O_O