Feminism

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
Wesley
GOD

Feminism

Post by Wesley »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

Okay, this woman is saying that Feminism is not necessary. Let me put it in my own words: If we have to make a law that says women are equal to men, does that mean that they are incapable of doing it for themselves? Basically proving that they are not, in fact, equal?

Now, if I type 50 words, and a female types 50 words, we should both get the same paycheck, there is no argument about that. If I stack 50 bundles of roofing tiles, and a female stacks 50 bundles of roofing tiles, same thing. Same paycheck. No argument.

This short presentation is not about that. It is about the underlying respect of society toward the roles and value of women versus men.

Watch the video, then let's chat!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Re: Feminism

Post by Clovvach »

I have a little thing where I treat men and women the exact same way, I give them the exact same chance in everything. I'm still not sure whether or not that is a good thing or a bad thing. And when I say the exact same, I mean the EXACT same:

For example, I'm just as willing to be a girl's friend than a guy's friend. Some people don't find this surprising, but to tell you the truth, most of the guys I know barley have any friends that are girls vise versa, and they did a survey (and I forgot where), that showed that a lot of guys thought that men and women can't be "Just friends" (-_-).

Another example: I'm just as willing to hit a guy as I am a girl. If it is necessary for self defense, then I will hit someone regardless of gender, otherwise not at all.

and not only do I agree with the girl in this video, but I'm also kind of sick of the issues she brings up. You've heard me rant time and time before about stereotypes and expectations given to males and females alike, the fact that females being expected to put their needs first, and men to sacrifice themselves for the needs of others.

Remember the rant about likes? How "If I want a baby boy then a girl so my boy can beat up anyone who harms my girl blah blah blah" this is the same thing! Males and Females should fight along WITH each other instead of one fighting FOR the other, wich it has been for so much time now.

Remember the rant about Humon? How "Don't talk to strangers means don't talk to strange MEN, they are pedophiles who rape women blah blah" now I realize that we were both thinking the same thing: That we should be raised to be less afraid of each other rather than separating us like flocks of sheep.

and to top it all off (I'll use the words from the video, because I think she is absolutely right), in the cultures where all this is going a lot of men are the ones being told about what balloon knot they are.

people call this sexism towards men, and I disagree it's sexism towards both genders, exaggerated by some of the feminist population.

TL;DR: I agree with her.
Amlak
*must post more*

Re: Feminism

Post by Amlak »

Is it even possible to treat any two individuals (regardless of gender) equally? Every individual is different. For me, it's not about equality. It's about respect. Treat your fellow human beings with respect, and that would be the path to full enlightenment. Or maybe not.