Gnats

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

Gnats

Post by Wesley »

I am referring to these little sons of beeches:
There are very few creatures that have tenacity that outweighs my patience. They are tiny little annoying flying bugs that thrive on the moisture produced by exhalation and perspiration. They swarm around your head on a warm summer or fall day. Here in central Pennsylvania we had a problem with Gypsy Moths wreaking havoc on our forestland. The gnats were introduced as a natural pesticide since this particular variety of gnat feeds on Gypsy Moth larvae. The unfortunate side effect is that they multiply and travel to areas outside the woodlands. Like my back yard. I don't know if you recall how last week I was defeated by the heat and humidity. Today I was defeated after inhaling a few dozen of the leetle barstards and having several more get stuck in my eyes. I even tried wearing a hat to confuse and confound them, or at least slow them down enough that I could keep mowing before they got in my eyes, etc. But about 20 feet from my goal, I could just not evade them any longer and I grew more frustrated with each step, with each breath spitting out insects, trying to blink them out of my eyes so I could mow just a few more square feet of lawn. Finally, in a fit of frustration very uncharacteristic of the Great Zot, I gave up, put away the mower and came inside to sweat and rant. Now, having finished my little tirade, both the perspiration and the frustration are ebbing. I am having a glass of V8 juice and I feel better about the whole thing. I am still not finishing my lawn today, so I guess the gnats win.

Freaking little stupid bugs.

I hate those damn things.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Re: Gnats

Post by Eff »

That was awesome the way you gave them to win. realy, i love it when ppl quit ,i say **** it, let'em win and you'd find something better to do instade! yay!!
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Forky
Ancient Moderator

Post by Forky »

We had a plague of lady beetles this year near the baltic sea shoreline ... they came over from denmark and they covered a huge area and "bugged" the tourists and such:

At the end you can be sure that those animals won't survive the winter completly and it's only the hot summer. But i admit that it is very annoying to do something while beeing stressed from those little gnats...

Hope you feel better now relaxing ;) sometimes mankind just has to give up to let things get better... time heals.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

After all.. you created them.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
amineserlt

Facebook Places takes aim at Google

Post by amineserlt »

HOW DARE YOU FILTHY UP ONE OF THE GREAT ZOT'S THREADS?!?!?!
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

:lol: at the post above. Who edited it?

We don't have gnats around here. Thunderbugs are the annoying ones for me. They like my eyes. :evil:
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I'm pretty sure the GreatZot himself edited that posst. He's the only one who edit's spam, rather than deleting it. I love that.

You could wear a hat with a vail when you are mowing your lawn. Like beekeepers have.
I would totaly do that.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Did you post this because of my previous facebook status?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

You mean the original post in the thread, or the edit job on the spam? And the answer to both is no. I made the thread because the gnats were preventing me from mowing the lawn. I edited the spam because I felt like it.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

i hate these things, gnats i mean..
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Yeah! Flyin' all up in your nose, eyes, ears... so annoying!

~ Donnie Yen ~