recuerdame

Re: Best Artistic Advice Ever

Post by Shay »

Me too!
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

and it's true! You don't understand how many times I hear "Ohh, Imna quit drawing because my artwork sucks, and no one pays attention blah blah blah"
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yup. I'm that person. :oops: I try so hard not to be, but it seems I'm always looking for everyone's likes and approvals. :/
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Same here. When I started college and my mind changed (yes my whole way of thinking changed) to that of a more logical programmer I had to stop because I was never happy with anything that I was doing. I just got back into drawing recently and my stuff is really really bad but improving.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Shay wrote:Yup. I'm that person. :oops: I try so hard not to be, but it seems I'm always looking for everyone's likes and approvals. :/
But there's a difference between wanting feedback, and "The only reason I draw is for a response" I mean it seems like the only reason why people draw these days is to become well known and famous.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

:lol: I want to become well known. I want to be able to live as a stay at home mom while selling my art as a real source of income. I also only post things in hopes of getting lots of comments and likes. It always depresses me when there are little to none of either. I also don't think very highly of my work. I somehow have managed to inspire four different people to start drawing, three of which are leaps and bounds beyond me in talent now and haven't even been drawing for the quarter amount of time I have. This is a very selfish and self-centered outlook, especially when it comes to art. I don't feel like my talent has improved at all. Truth be told, I used a base reference for the BAMF picture. :|
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Oh speaking of witch I just colored it and I'mna post it,

plus using references doesn't mean you're not talented. After all art is just some reproduction of real life, even cartoons are based off of real life, and there's no shame in not thinking very highly of your work... that just means you are truly drawing for yourself, I mean after all it is less satisfying to draw if you don't like what you are drawing.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Have you noticed how much Clarence begs for feedback on his stories? Same thing. Art is art, and people like to know that other people like it, too.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Well thanks guys. I'm going to try and live by this guy's example/advice. Wish me luck! Lol
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Remember, it's not bad to want feedback, it's bad if the only reason you create art is to get feedback. :O
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

An old friend I have not spoken to in several months posted this on my FB today. Totally made my day. :)