U of F Cuts out Computer Science Department? Really?!?

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

U of F Cuts out Computer Science Department? Really?!?

Post by Moe »

I was looking around on Google Plus today, and came accross this link:
Link to an article

This seriously bugs me, mostly because right now CS is something I'm really interested in, and University of Florida was one of the schools I was looking at...
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Re: U of F Cuts out Computer Science Department? Really?!?

Post by Beany »

Some schools have been cutting it out too, such as my school. I was rushed to do a course in it in one year, but after that (about a year after they'd built this amazing-looking computer suite) they announced that they were stopping teaching it.

I think it's a shame that that university's cut it out because technology's getting more and more involved with life every day, but if there wasn't a great enough demand for it, I suppose they had to.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

I find it disappointing, because as you said, technology is getting more involved with every day life...

Personally, for that reason, I also don't think it wasn't because there wasn't very much demand.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

It's just a circle though. Fewer courses means fewer people can learn it, so there are fewer teachers, so there are fewer courses again. It could be due to lack of teachers though.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

That's true

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men