Creepy Dreams

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Creepy Dreams

Post by Dowster »

Seriously they really piss me off, someone should really come up with something that can control the type of dreams you get. I don't really mind the "scary" type ones - usually game/film inspired. Running around after or away from zombies or psycho's etc is usually quite fun, and no more traumatic in the dream than it is playing a game. But some just have a really creepy tone that freaks me out.

A recent one I had - while I was at home alone - went as follows: I went to bed quite late, and thought that I was unable to sleep. (in the dream I was in bed and the room seemed normal so and I actually believed that I was still awake and hadn't gone to sleep yet) So I turn around in bed, and realise that I can hear the washing machine working, which seems strange to me because no one is in the house and it's the middle of the night. I get up and walk down the hallway to the kitchen - without switching on any lights, and then put the light on in the kitchen, I find the machine with the door open and not working, but the drum is spinning and slowing down as if it had been recently working but had the power cut. This by itself instantly freaks me out because I still think im awake and everything else in the house is normal so it doesn't seem in any way like a dream.

After a min or so I decide that maybe I should check the rest of the rooms to see if anyone is in the house, so I grab a large meat carving knife that we have, and go back out of the kitchen. Then I notice that the light is on in the spare bedroom - the door directly opposite our bedroom - so I walk down the hallway fully expecting to find an intruder in there, but when I get there the curtain is flapping about as if it was being blown by the wind but it stops as I approach it, and when I check the windows they're all closed...

At this point im really stressed, but im also thinking that I need to be at work in a few hours and need to sleep so I should get on and check the rest of the house so I can go back to bed. So I go back up the hall way to start from that end and work my way through the place. Then I hear a loud crashing sound coming from the bottom of the stairs by the front door (we live in a first floor apartment) so I go back down and open the door at the top of the stairs and look down to our main door, when I switch on the light I can see that several boxes of paperwork - that we have stored at the bottom of the stairs in an alcove - had been tipped out, and there was paper all over the place. I decide at that point that it's just best to get out of the place and go back during the day, but when I get to the door it's locked, and the keys are missing so I am unable to open the door and get out. Fortunately I woke up at that point, but I was pretty tense for quite some time afterwards, and it the whole thing was a real pain in the bottom.

Another one that I had quite some time back was when I still lived in my mums house. We had one large room on the second floor - like an attic room -, and the rest were on the ground or first floor. Anyways in this dream I was up in the top room, but it was empty, no furniture or carpet etc. and I was sat on the floor in front of a small portable tv. The room was a lot larger than it really is and the only light was coming from the tv, so I couldn't see back as far as the edge of the room, it just kind of stretched back into darkness. At some point I hear a noise behind me, and can just about make out a figure coming towards me in the darkness, as he gets closer I see that he 's wearing some type of mask (pretty much like Jason's from Friday the 13th) and has a machete in his hand that's covered in blood.

Obviously I get up straight away and run down the stairs, then I go along the hallway a bit and down the second flight of stairs to the ground floor. When I get there I realise that my mum and brother and sister are asleep on the first floor so I run back to the bottom of the stairway to make sure that he follows me all the way down. When he starts coming down I then run around the corner into the room at the front of the house, I think for a moment about going out of the window into the street, but again I don't want to leave him in the house with my family, so I hide behind the door. As he walks into the room and goes past me I get behind him and grab his wrist with one hand and the back of the machete blade with the other and quickly bring it up to his throat. After a lot of struggling I actually manage to overpower him and very gradually slice through his neck and cut his head off. Again I woke up fairly soon after and again was stressed out. I have a whole bunch of others similar that I could list but those are the two I remember most clearly.

Anyways the point is when the dreams are in weird locations or lots of strange random things are going on, even if it's a horror type setting it just doesn't seem real enough to be scary, but when im in a familiar place, and everything looks pretty much as it should it actually seems real and that's creepy, I friggin hate creepy dreams...
Eff
Demimod

Re: Creepy Dreams

Post by Eff »

You're my man! i loved the way you cut his head off.
When i dream this kind'a scary dreams and wake up, i take a deep breath and thx god that it was a dream, yeah it sucks.
I sometimes have scary dreams about my family , i hate it.
I hate 'running away' from ppl, in my dreams. i hate running anyway.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Talking about running away I just remembered funny one I had, I was in some random house and there was a serial killer in the building. (had been watching a lot of CSI on the same day) I found a chopped up body in the bathtub and was about to go to phone the police when the killer came into the room, so then I was running down this long corridor going through lots of doors and shutting them behind me, I finally go through a door into a bedroom and my wife is sitting on the bed using my mobile phone to chat to one of her friends in Portugal. So im hanging on to the door handle trying to keep the door closed and the psycho is on the other side trying to pull it open, and I shout to my wife to call the police. But she gets all pissy and says that she's talking to her friends, and she doesn't bother me when im on the phone, and she doesn't gets to speak to this person very often due to living in a different country now, etc etc. Anyways we had this long argument about usage of the phone and the whole time im still hanging onto the door with a killer on the other side trying to get in :lol:
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

:lol: So what was the end of it?
Two weeks ago i was (in my dream) in this appartment with this lovely guy, sadenly we saw kanibals ppl having a fight they ate each other ,so we got scared and this guy just left me and run away ,so i run away too, after him, the problem was that it was on the 5th floor ,and while running we fall down from the 5th floor.
on the way down, i woke up.

Edit my brother is leaving with us, coz his wife is a jabberwocky.
so here's his dream (few weeks ago)
The jabberwocky died (dream) He was at her funeral and her mom looking at him so he 'acts' like crying, when her mom leaves he go above the grave and tell to his wife's dead body "here, you got what you deserved" then she sadenly reached out her hand and cought him by his throat, then he woke up.
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Mine didn't end because I woke up during the "argument"

hmm seems like other people have pretty morbid dreams too :lol:
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

I hate those dreams,that are inspired from movies,especialy those when i am running away from,or to catch something;i get pissed off cause i am running soooo slow,and then i realise it is a dream...and i wake up. :evil:

And i also hate those dreams that repeat them selves.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Now I'm scared:

Creeepy Dream - Last night I had a dream where we were in our holiday house and we got a call from the vet saying they wanted to put our cat down so we left early and stopped at the OK Diner for lunch, where i got a burger and a milkshake. But then we got to the vets and they said our cat was part frozen cos they'd put her in the freezer.

I woke up this morning and guess what happened :(

Although the burger bit was good :D
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I dont know if you're seriouse but you know one day i deamt that my ant died and the next morning i got the phone call----- oh wait it wasnt a dream.... b4 i went to sleep i thought about her that if she'll die i will ggo to her funeral although its 6 hourse driving. she wasnt ill or something...just alittl old. then the next morning she died. AMAIZING.
and no i did not go to her funeral.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

Alialialia wrote:Now I'm scared:

Creeepy Dream - Last night I had a dream where we were in our holiday house and we got a call from the vet saying they wanted to put our cat down so we left early and stopped at the OK Diner for lunch, where i got a burger and a milkshake. But then we got to the vets and they said our cat was part frozen cos they'd put her in the freezer.

I woke up this morning and guess what happened :(

Although the burger bit was good :D
:shock: Why in the freezer?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I like the dreams where there is a familiar landmark or building from a previous dream. It really makes me feel like I am at home while I am in there. This reminds me... self-awareness in a dream with autonomy... Lucid Dreaming... has to be the coolest thing ever. It has only happened with me a few times, but when it does there is truly a sensation of being alive in another world.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I had a dream one time in which I was on a candy can-patterned path held up by candy canes running towards a light, and I think it was a winged sandal. I was surrounded by pitch black darkness. The scary part was that on the other path a rabid Dora the Explorer and Boots were chasing me. They were foaming at the mouth and had glowing red eyes. We kept jumping paths and when I got to the light, I woke up.

I was creeped out the whole day. :(

And Zot, I love Lucid Dreaming. It's ah-mazing. I've only had a Lucid dream twice, though.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

GIANA wrote: :shock: Why in the freezer?
It was a warm day and they didn't want bodies sitting around the place. Like in the dry season in Australia if an animal dies you freeze it. Although in my dream it was a different vet, and I didn't have toast for breakfast, but details like that aren't important.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

I have re-occuring dreams that I failed grade 12, and have to go back to get one or two credits to pass. Also, another re-occuring dream I have is that I'm in a convience store, digging through my wallet for my debit card, when this small (well, small compared to me) man with white hair, a really weathered face, and incredibly wild eyes comes up to me, puts a gun to my head, and demands money. I act like I'm going to comply, but when he has the gun pressed to my head, I dis arm him of it, throw the gun away, and begin punching him in the face, several times. His knees eventually buckle, but I don't let his happen, I grab him around the collar with my left hand, and continue my assualt with my right. Finally, seamingly satisfyied, I stop, looking deep into his eyes, but when I left him go, he's clearly unconsious, and he falls against the bars running along with windows, smashing his head, killing him. I turn to look at the clerk, but I can never remeber who the clerk is when I wake up. I do remeber that he/she is confused, and doesn't really know what to do. I then look outside, and the sky is incredibly grey, and if it's about to begin the storm of the century outside.
Sometimes it even continues with me in prison, and I'm some sort of hero, the man I've killed did some horrible things apparently, although I'm never sure of what. The hero status really bothers me, but there's very little I can do to make it go away. Then I usually wake up.

Not so much a creepy dream, but just plain disturbing non the less.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I used to always dream I was back in high school repeating Grade 12 and feeling like I would never graduate....

...and I also keep having dreams where I lose my teeth....
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I used to have the teeth dream all the time. I hate that one.
Effie.

Post by Effie. »

Teath dreams are ok as long as you don't loos them.
You don't wanna dream of loosing your teeth, ok?

I wonder if Summer knows anything about what i just said?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

See, I never have the dreams as simple as losing teeth. One was my older brother and myself in a shopping mall annex, waiting to get into a strip club. There were those velvet ropes set up so people could form a line. For some reason, a fight broke out, and Steven and I started kicking everyone's bottom. But here is the lame part. As hard as I wanted to punch and kick these people, in my dream it felt as though I was totally faking it. Like when you are laughing hard you can't throw a good punch, you know?

Yeah, so I have dreams like that, but not about losing teeth.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

What really freaks me out is that I can't scream in dreams. Sometimes I dream of a dangerous situation, of someone approaching, or I fall and want to call someone for help and my voice just fails. Finally I wake up from that, making noises and panicing. I hate when this happens.
I had the school dream for quite a while, dreaming there was a mistake and I had to do my final exams again, all of them, by repeating one school year. Not funny.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Is it juts me or do injuries when you sleep hurt a lot more?

Like I was asleep and i banged my knee on the wall and in my dream i thought i'd been stabbed.

And when I was little I had a recurring dream of Crualla DeVille's popping up out of giant mole holes all over my house and grabbing my legs and jabbing me with her long red fingernails.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

I get a lot of pain in dreams too, that's another annoying thing about them. I remember one I had years ago where I was in this big room with white walls and ceiling, and there was a wooden table in the middle in a kind of shallow pit, and it had some type of hay or sawdust all around it, and I was taken over to the table and put down on top of it. Then I was looking up at a really big old gas lamp light that was hanging from the ceiling, trying to concentrate on it because I knew something was about to happen that was going to be really painful. A few seconds later there was a surgeon stood by the side of me, and he cut me with a scalpul from just below my ribs down to my hip, for a second it didn't hurt at all, it just felt like a tickling sensation and then after that it hurt like smurf. I blacked out shortly after and woke up in my house - it was my bedroom but totally different, no carpet or furniture and my bed was just a sack on the floor on top of more hay :lol: . Anyways I was all stitched up and it still hurt like crazy. I was actually able to remember the feeling of the pain for a few days after the dream, it was pretty horrible..