My altered book.

Where our local artists create!

Moderator: Beany

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

My altered book.

Post by LaLou »

Pic 1: the cover. I finished it yesterday. Or maybe I didn't quite finish it. Maybe it needs some text.

Would you guys like me to post how I made it?
Beany
Demimod

Re: My altered book.

Post by Beany »

That would be great - it's incredible.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Yes please. It's beautiful!
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

It's beautiful! I would love to see how you made it. Personally, I think it doesn't need any text, but that's obviously your call. :)
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

All paints used are acrylic, and everything is glued on with acrylic gel medium, (dull, as in: not glossy) unless otherwise specified. That goes for every post in this topic.

First I cut a piece of coconutfiber paper a bit bigger than the book front and back. The edges of the book were painted in a colour that matches the paper. The paper was clamped on the front cover of the book. Then a photograph was positioned on the paper. With a pencil the edge of the photo was traced. Then everything was taken off. The edge ot the photo was cut out of the coconutpaper. A piece of web-like paper was then cut to the size of the photo, plus 1 centimeter (3/8 of an inch) all around. I positioned the webpaper on a piece of glass over the photo to cut out where the eyes are.

I glued the photo on the bookcover. Using sprayglue I glued the webpaper over the photo. Then the coconutpaper was glued on around the edges of the photo. Having the paper positioned right now I tore around the edges of the paper along the frontsideand the spine of the bookr. Glued the rest of the paper on the book. Frontside first, then the spine, and lastly the backside. Before glue-ing the edges of the backside I tore the paper.
Then I left it to dry, a piece of thin plastic around the book, and something heavy on it.

Next day I glued a piece of 31/2 inch wide lace on the spine of the book. And three pieces of 4 inch-long organza ribbon. I broke a piece of tree bark (Platanus/ planetree/ sycamore) into litte pieces and glued them on.

The flowers were cut out of thin metal foil with a punching device. Same with the smaller shapes. On the flower heart a small blue "droplet" was glued, and the hearst were glued onto the flowers. Then everything was glued on the book. And left to dry.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

VERY NICE LAL

Edit.
now the truth . that looks sad. who's that beautiful woman ? and plz show us some more.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

That beautiful woman is me, 29 years ago, just after I got engaged.
And I will show more. Later.
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Wow it's incredible Lalou!
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.