halloween party

Don't lie. You're singing the song now, aren't you?

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

halloween party

Post by LaLou »

I volunteered to cater a halloween party for my daughters bellydance school. Turned out there will be about 100 guests. :shock:
So far I plan to make: mummy babies (pigs in a blanket), lizzard eyes (devils eggs with green food dye), stuffed beatles (dates, stuffed with cream cheese).

I'm in dire need for one or two more things to make. Anyone?
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: halloween party

Post by chex »

A pot of chili (ground guts), with breadsticks (fingers) for dipping?

Witch hat cookies?
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Here's another recipe, brain muffins. Maybe the mold for it can be ordered via amazon or ebay.
Crazy doc frootloops might enjoy them. Or do surgery on them.

http://www.buschgardenstampablog.com/ho ... red-recipe

Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I had a Hallowe'en cupcake today, which made me think. It was dark chocolate cake, with bright yellow icing and a plastic spider on top, so I did a quick Google search. You could ice little cakes with coloured icing - purple or orange, etc. - and then use white writing icing to draw a spider web, then put a Smartie on top, and draw eight little black (or coloured) legs on. A bit fiddly, but not too hard. I've never done it before, but I've done similar things, and they look quite effective without costing much to make.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

For your next Halloween party.

Ingredients::
•2 packs (3 oz) Raspberry jello
•1 pkg unflavored gelatin (for extra firmness)
•3/4 cup whipping cream
•3 cups boiling water
•15 drops green food coloring
•100 flexible straws (or enough to fill your container)
•Tall container (1 quart or 1 liter carton of milk)

Directions::
1.Combine gelatin in bowl and add boiling water.
2.Let it cool to lukewarm and then add the whipping cream and 15 drops green food coloring.
3.Gather your straws (don’t forget to flex them out) and put them in the container. It’s important that the straws have a tight fit so the jello stays in the straws. For this reason, a 1 liter carton may be better; you will probably get longer worms since there is a tighter fit. If you have a bigger container, a rubber band around the straws is helpful. Or you could just add more straws to fill the container.
4.Add the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled container and let it set until firm.
5.There are multiple ways you can remove the worms from the straws. You can roll a rolling pin over the straws and squeeze them out or you can hold the straws over warm water. The worms will slip right out.