~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by Clarence »

Awesome! I talked to a bunch of old people about bridges and left

Also I saw a fox on the road
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Had a handful of days off of work this week, so I went up and visited family. Some of these family I haven't seen in almost if not more than, a year. Me, my father, grandmother, and great aunt, all went to the bar tonight to hang out. Of course it's a bar, so they mix their drinks weak, but that isn't the point... The point is, I got to hang out with a bunch of family tonight, which was a lot of fun
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Car troubles again (still)

Last winter, Cylinder 1 had a misfire issue, so I bought spark plugs, and a spark plug socket, only to have the issue that the plugs that were already in had a slightly different socket size. By the time I got around to finding this out, the cylinder either stopped misfiring, or my cars computer stopped detecting it misfiring.

Since then I've had Camshaft/Crankshaft (timing) issues. (probably caused by the same thing that caused the cylinder to misfire).

This last week, Cylinder 4 started to misfire, constantly. So now I need to actually change these spark plugs.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Year, make, model? Maybe I could give you some tips in the future? :)

I dropped my car off yesterday to be inspected. Have not received a call yet....
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

2004, Chevrolet Trailblazer.

I changed out my spark plugs on Sunday. My check engine light is gone (hasn't come back yet)

My engine still sounds a little rough, but I think it'll make it a while longer

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Stumbled upon some really gross videos on youtube. And this here, made me spill my coffee. (not gross, promised)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0yeMUtxwCE
Moe

Post by Moe »

And now I sent that video to all of my friends

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I love BollyWood films! :D here is a classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AHq78O7BX0

So, Bella... now I am very curious as to what YouTube vids you were watching...

Moe, your Blazer has a modern computer chip that tries to correct for knocking. if the plugs were scorched or covered in goo when you pulled them out, the computer may have been trying to adjust the engine timing to smooth it out.
With the new plugs, it will take something like 100 miles continuous driving or six run/shut down cycles for the computer to sort itself out. Oh, poorly running engine can lead to blockages in the catalytic converter... fingers crossed.

My car needs tires and a motor mount. i was going to do the work myself, but I would have only saved maybe one or two hundred dollars by rolling around on the concrete under my car for hours, so I decided to let my mechanic do it.
I walked home from the shop after I re-dropped it off yesterday. Should be done today. :) I'm happy to keep a 26 year old car running well and driving every day.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Zot, worst comes to worst, I just need it to last a few more months.

Once I get the loan on my tires paid off, I plan on getting a new car anyways.

Either way, It's good to know about the chip thing. I was doing some looking the other day about it and was coming up kind of empty.

would it be worth it to buy a catalytic converter cleaning thing that you put in the gas tank, just in case? I didn't even think of that as a potential issue.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Additives don't really do much. They are a solvent. Gas is a solvent. Can't hurt to try one. Also, there is a technique known to us older mechanics at the "Italian Tune-up." Basically, drive it very fast and very hard for a little while. Getting the internal temperatures nice and high so as to burn off carbon deposits and whatnot. Do you have a nice long piece of road that is mostly empty? Do your own zero to sixty test. Stomp your foot down and don't let off until is shifts into third. It is simultaneously scary and exciting and satisfying, and often the car runs much smoother after that. :)

Speaking of cars, I got mine back yesterday. Walked the two miles back to the shop to pick it up, and WOW! it is like driving a new (ish) car! My motor mounts were bad, and in a diesel that is extra bad since the thing is already a noisy rattle trap. Man, with the new mounts, the thing is so smooth and quiet... so nice.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

GreatZot wrote:Also, there is a technique known to us older mechanics at the "Italian Tune-up." Basically, drive it very fast and very hard for a little while. Getting the internal temperatures nice and high so as to burn off carbon deposits and whatnot. Do you have a nice long piece of road that is mostly empty? Do your own zero to sixty test. Stomp your foot down and don't let off until is shifts into third. It is simultaneously scary and exciting and satisfying, and often the car runs much smoother after that. :)
I am familiar with this method.

Not anytime soon though, we are getting more snow

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I have gathered all my paperwork so that I can do my taxes. I am going to put it off for another day or two.

In other news, a little hile back, someone in a WalMart parking lot gave BoGZ a pocket sized new testament bible.
Normally it would have gone straight into the recycle bin, but in this case, I noticed it was about the same size as a wallet. Hmmm.... so I cut a secret compartment into the pages and turned it into a little "Book Safe." I mean, who would steal a bible, right?

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

I was going to change a bunch of stuff on the forum for April Fools Day, but then I worked a double at work, and came home and went straight to bed... So I did not.
-- Alas, my shenanigans wait another year

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Crappy sales at the show yesterday. I still don't regret my new career choice, but it is frustrating sometimes. I am a good salesman. Friendly and persuasive. I could sell stink to a skunk. But dammit, these shows that I booked just don't have enough people. I need to do bigger shows in bigger towns.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Painting a friend's apartment this week.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:Painting a friend's apartment this week.
I need help with my slanty hall ceiling - it's too high up above the steps to get to
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I can do it. I'll call you later.

I deleted some spam for the first time in a while.

More painting today. I am already feeling it in my muscles.

Almost finished my taxes.

I feel like such an adult! :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I did it. I've sent my manuscript to a publisher. Hoping for them to be interested and publish it.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

*fingers crossed*
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Somehow I may end up dating a cute milf that I used to work with.

~ Donnie Yen ~