~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Wesley
GOD

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by Wesley »

Visited my sister over the weekend. 2 minutes after I arrived, the lady across the street backed into my car! Ha h aha. Still waiting to hear from the insurance about it.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Follow up:

Two days of phone calls with no return, then Wednesday I got a Human on the phone. Basic info, car, address, all that.
He set an appointment at a local shop for my estimate for repairs. I call them, and they have my name wrong, and the type of car wrong, and the damage wrong, ha haha! A few phone calls got it straightened out. When the shop manager was looking at my car, he told me,"It does not know it is broken." Meaning the car still drives fine, the damage is cosmetic. He then gently suggested I take the money from the insurance company for myself rather than try to have my car fixed. Fair enough. Once he wrote the formal estimate and submitted it, he once again reminded me that working on a 30 year old car is always a mystery... many things could break in the process of trying to "fix" it. I should take the money. OK. Well, I called the insurance company and the money is already in my bank account, ha haha!
Thanks to being invited to my Nephew's birthday, I got a couple thousand extra dollars in the bank, ha haha! Next time I see him, I'm paying for lunch! :D

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

An old car is still worth it, just saying. Especially if it's light blue, drives fine and is absolutely reliable.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Forum gave us a PHP glitch yesterday, but seems fine now.

Weather is nicer. If I can get my head screwed on, I have a lot of little projects to do this Spring.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

GreatZot wrote:Forum gave us a PHP glitch yesterday, but seems fine now.

Weather is nicer. If I can get my head screwed on, I have a lot of little projects to do this Spring.
I finally talked Clarence into letting update the forum to the newest version of phpBB. Mainly just in case it's an issue with one of the forum files. Also more future proofing.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Ths is nice. The new forum, I mean. Mild colors. I'll play around to see how much I can tweak my own settings. I like the DarkSun still at the top.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

I figured I had to keep that if nothing else.

If anything comes up let me know. Or any style changes that would be better, I kinda just picked one and set it, so I'm not married to the colors
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
HighStrike300
Finally fitting in

Post by HighStrike300 »

NELG Forever!
TEDNE 101/400
Moe

Post by Moe »

Let's see, I cut my hair today, on Saturday I shaved tor renew my N95 fit test at work, and we got a tonne of snow the last two day. I had to shovel myself out my front door to go to the store.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Two things: 1) I have noticed that this color does not look great with a grey background. 2) I just finished typing a letter on a typewriter that I have no idea where it came from. I thought it was one that I had as a high school kid, but it is not. It is from 1963. I have had it for a couple of years, but it needs just a little work, and it seems like the kind of thing I would have fixed already.

In good news, now I have a little project to work on. :) I'm going to figure out which adding machine ribbon fits best on these spools.

~ Donnie Yen ~
HighStrike300
Finally fitting in

Post by HighStrike300 »

I am updating TEDNE...
This game is created by StibiumStudio but the copyright belongs to Clarence.
TEDNE 101/400
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

interesting couple of days. Spilled some fuel oil in my basement. Helped some friends. Typed a letter to a friend on a typewriter that I don't remember very well. It is an Olivetti, from Italy in 1963. Maybe I got it from a flea market or something? I really don't remember. Ah, maybe I will try to solve this mystery.

And just now had a strange glitch on this here fancy new forum. I accidentally hit crtl+I which opens a code window on one side when you are using Chrome. When I did this, the page I was using in the forum flickered then went black. I had to refresh and lose the first attempt at writing this message.

~ Donnie Yen ~
HighStrike300
Finally fitting in

Post by HighStrike300 »

I am TEDNEing.
TEDNE 101/400
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Nice weather today, so I cleaned out my car a little and did some other work outside.

For dinner, I am going to get some good pizza from a friend's restaurant.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

We had ice on saturday. A lot of ice. I fell down my stairs while taking a careful gently baby step down my stairs

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

DUDE! Ice and stairs is a terrible combo! You ok?

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Yeah I'm fine. Thought I would hurt more the next day but all that's left is a spot on my hand that got a little scraped up. I salted those bad boys pretty good when I got home from work even though by then the ice had migrated from the stairs to the road and every other surface, leaving the stairs iceless

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
HighStrike300
Finally fitting in

Post by HighStrike300 »

I am updating TEDNE... but something made me frustrated...
TEDNE 101/400
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Took a hot bath for a change. Then I worked on my pickup truck. I had to crawl under the dash to access the little switch on the parking brake that makes the indicator light turn on. Now it works as designed. Hooray.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Oh, and I made an apple pie for Pi Day. 3.14

~ Donnie Yen ~