~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by LaLou »

GreatZot wrote:Somehow I may end up dating a cute milf that I used to work with.
What's a milf?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Basically a cute single mother. Often an attractive older woman. Similar to a,"Cougar." MILF is a crude way of saying it, as the initials stand for "Mother I'd Like to F---"

It has been used long enough that it has become a little bit less offensive and a little more complimentary.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Yesterday I woke up quite early, drove 200 miles to Pittsburgh, set up my display at the Taco truck Bonanza, sold knives for 6 hours, packed up and drove 200 miles home. Long day. Gladly, I sold more than one knife.
Actually finished positive rather than negative.

Today I am going to paint some more at my friend's apartment. Maybe tear up the carpets in a couple of rooms.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Working a couple 8a-4:30p shifts this week as opposed to my usual 6a-2:30p shifts. Weird getting that extra 2 hours before work.. but we got 4-6 inches of snow last night so it was nice to see the snow plow hit my road before I went to work for once.

Did I mention it snowed last night? Halfway through April? Yeah. I know it's not just here, but this is ridiculous! Just let it melt!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

My dad had a "false alarm" heart attack yesterday. Symptoms were just like a heart attack, but all the tests showed he has the heart of a much younger man. Turns out it was his pancreas. Nothing serious, just a flare up caused by fatty salty foods and beer. He has adult diabetes so his pancreas is already sensitive to such things.

While he was getting tests done, I finished fixing the sinks at his house. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

My aunt and uncle are visiting from Idaho. :) They arrived a day earlier than expected, so BoGZ is unable to take off work. I am going to spend the afternoon showing them some historic places around here, then a bunch of us are going to have dinner together. In a couple of days, my Uncle is bowling in a National tournament in Syracuse. I believe I am going to drive up there to watch. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

My computer was a little bonchy, so i was checking it out and I had the old [You have 50 Gigs of ram, only 20 available] so i got in there and dusted and swapped the ram ticks from slot A to slot B. Now it reads everything fine, and no longer bonchy. However, I have instantly become addicted to the power that I once had, lost, and regained. Since I have two available slots, I am going to get more ram and re-double my assets. Hell, I may even quadruple my stuff, since my motherboard will support it. Gonna talk to Ninja first since he built this box. And maybe he has some leftover RAM lying about.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

50 gigs of RAM? I got to ask.. what ram do you have?
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I was in story teller mode. No freaking way do I have 50 gigs of ram, ha ha ha! I have a moderate quad core box with a video card the size of a video cassette. I think the most this motherboard will take is 32 gigs of ram. Not going to waste my money on that, as I am not a hardcore HD multi-monitor live stream pro gamer. For 77 bucks I can get 8 more Gigs. That would be pretty sweet. Ninja wants to build me a whole new box, but I am not ready for that.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Fair enough! lol.

So what it probably is, if switching it from slot A to B worked is a bonchy slot.

I built my computer this last september, then fully water-cooled it about a month ago, and don't think I posted about that part on the forum.

Unless he already has the parts, or is planning on building on the mid-lower end, I'd urge him to wait on building you a new one. RAM and video cards are hella expensive right now

RAM is almost double what it was a year ago (thanks to mobile phones), and video cards are more expensive too (thanks to cryptominers)

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Moe wrote:Did I mention it snowed last night? Halfway through April? Yeah. I know it's not just here, but this is ridiculous! Just let it melt!
Did you take our cold? We've just had a week of early Summer (though we've had the Beast from the East and its little brother relatively recently too).
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

I'd say we may have temporarily taken it. Though all this week we have upper 50's (Fahrenheit, as to not confuse you Celsius users)

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

After breakfast, I am going to drive to Syracuse to watch my uncle bowl in his 25th national tournament. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Drove to Syracuse and back. Got to spend time with my Aunt and Uncle. Watched quite a bit of bowling. There was only one tiny bit of disappointment... on display they had bowling pins made by AMF, so I was pretty excited because I thought the pinsetters and lanes would be by AMF and I could see the latest new stuff! Well, all the lanes and scoring equipment and pinsetters were Brunswick. Blah. Nothing wrong with Brunswick, but I was trained on AMF equipment.

Oh, and I got a new t-shirt. I'll share a pic later.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

One of my buddies from work gave me his laptop to fix for him.

He had an issue with a recent Windows update where it would often boot to a black screen, or freeze on the lock screen.

I get home, and open the lid, and it immediately turns on (meaning it was just in Sleep mode), and is just a black screen, so I shut it off and turn it on, and it gets to the login screen. Now, I don't know his password, so I couldn't verify any issues past that.

So now I am in the process of backing up his files so that I can re-install Windows 10 for him.

--

Odd, my sister-in-laws laptop went wonky after a recent windows update too, except hers went to a screen saying that "The update failed to install" and to "Restart the computer" but when you restarted it, it just restarted to that screen.

--

Anywho, while I have his laptop, I'll probably tear it apart and clean up the inside as well.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Finally finished painting my friend's apartment. I'll see if I can get a couple of pics in here. One room was brick red, another was olive green. Now everything is Universal Grey. Including the ceiling. What felt like it took the longest was doing the trim.

Yesterday I was helping a friend plant a couple of trees and cut down a different tree. His 79 year old neighbor came out into the back yard to tell me that I was,"A cutie." Ha ha ha ha! :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Going to visit Ninja today. As a bonus, our Tai Chi teacher is coming up to visit as well! We've known this guy for over 25 years. He is like family. Like an Uncle, a Cousin, and a little brother all rolled into one. It is going to be a good day.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I dropped my pop tarts. Picked them up, blew the dust off, ate them anyway.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Spent my morning at my granfolks tilling their garden for them

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Moe wrote:Spent my morning at my granfolks tilling their garden for them
How long did you do that til?