~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by Moe »

It took like 10 minutes, it's a small garden. then I spent like 2 hours chatting
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Moe wrote:It took like 10 minutes, it's a small garden. then I spent like 2 hours chatting
You missed my bad joke :(
Moe

Post by Moe »

I was going to buy a new blade for my dad's miter saw. I wasn't there so I looked up the model number to find the size of the blade.

According to the manual, it's a 12" blade with a 5/8" arbor.
Great, I know what I'm looking for!

So I stop at the hardware store (since the nearest Menards or lumber store is a ways away). They have 1 12" blade in stock.

It's a 12" blade with a 1" arbor... Welp can't get that!

So I get to my dad's. Look at his saw, because now I'm skeptical of either the diameter or the arbor are wrong... I take the blade out.

It's a 12" blade with a 1" arbor..
So I could have bought the blade...
And the owner's manual lied...

Oh well.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Ah, I hate when that happens! :) You do everything "right" and it still turns out wrong!

I'm currently doing research and trying to find a food show or home show where I can peddle my wares.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

put my AC in today

going to see Deadpool 2 and Solo tomorrow. two movie in a row, good lord

--

Also, I always get positive comments on my beard... But then today I got rid of it to start anew. I did some trimming along the cheekbones that looked good when I did them, but as it got longer, it didn't look as good (in my opinion) -- so now it was trimmed to the longest setting on my trimmer (which is like 1/3 of an inch). and then tomorrow I am getting my hair cut and buying new blades for my father's table and miter saws. then picking up my brother to see the movies mentioned above.

Sub-note:: Holy shazam!, my face looks so very different with the lack of the lengthier beard that I had! (which was 4-5 inches long)

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I like doing things for people. However, there are certain people that it is hard to share with. Recently a friend asked if I could help paint a room in her house because she got some nice paint at a tremendous discount.
Sure! Just a day or two later, she mentioned she got several more gallons of paint, so now I can paint the whole house! :) Wait, what? I never agreed to this in our original discussion.... Also, I've done half a room so far, then I ran out of time and daylight, so i went home. She was nice enough to point out that the trim work needed to be redone.
Um, I am reminded of a phrase about "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Grab a freaking brush and do the touch up yourself, eh?

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Two days ago a new European privacy law became active. Since then (and even before that) people have been bombarded with e-mails to agree or disagree with the company's terms of agreement. And then I decide if I want to keep receiving their e-mails or not and take action accordingly. Mostly it's just one click to unsubscribre.

Apparantly I have at some point in time ordered something from Ticketmaster. So they sent me a mail too. I want to be removed from their system so I follow the link.

Then the madness starts. The list I have to fill in is pages long. They want to know the exact reason why I want to be removed from their system.
Excuse me? I don't think I have to give a reason. Just me wanting it should be enough! That's the law!

Then they mention that they keep the right to not remove my data.
Say what???

Then they even top that by wanting me to send in a copy of my ID card.
Like HELL NO! The whole point is to have less privat infomation shared, not more.

This is not over yet.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

LaLou wrote:Two days ago a new European privacy law became active. Since then (and even before that) people have been bombarded with e-mails to agree or disagree with the company's terms of agreement. And then I decide if I want to keep receiving their e-mails or not and take action accordingly. Mostly it's just one click to unsubscribre.

Apparantly I have at some point in time ordered something from Ticketmaster. So they sent me a mail too. I want to be removed from their system so I follow the link.

Then the madness starts. The list I have to fill in is pages long. They want to know the exact reason why I want to be removed from their system.
Excuse me? I don't think I have to give a reason. Just me wanting it should be enough! That's the law!

Then they mention that they keep the right to not remove my data.
Say what???

Then they even top that by wanting me to send in a copy of my ID card.
Like HELL NO! The whole point is to have less privat infomation shared, not more.

This is not over yet.
Yeah that's full on illegal based on the new laws.

It's effecting my work too any many other online stuff I partake in
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I went back to finish painting that room for that one friend. This time, nothing was moved, nothing was prepped, I had to move all the dressers, toys, beds... how is this,"helping" to paint the room?!?! Well, i moved everything except the small book case, because it was completely full of books and rather cheap, and had i tried to move it, the thing would have fallen apart. I did a pretty good job painting everything except what was behind the book case, pushed everything back, hooray. She now has her 15 year old son staying with her. Hey, that is old enough to swing a paint brush! :) 'Cause I ain't going back! On top of this nonsense, I caught a cold from her screaming naked children running around. Yeah, I'm done over there.

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Did you at least get a "thank you"?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

bella wrote:Did you at least get a "thank you"?
I don't know. I was too busy running out the door! :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

I got sunburned at work yesterday, sitting outside for an hour and a half

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

GreatZot wrote: I don't know. I was too busy running out the door! :)
Well done! :lol:

And for Moe:
https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI
Moe

Post by Moe »

I don't have sunscreen at work, and before work I did not know I was going to be outside that long lol

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I drove through 4 states yesterday.... TWICE! My sister is trying to buy a house so I went with her to look at it for the home inspection. She and her boyfriend bought me lunch after at a sushi place. Had a unique roll that I have never had before! Tuna that was smoked with a blowtorch, avocado, cream cheese, and a thinly sliced lemon on top. It was an amazing mix of flavors and textures.

Also, as this cold progresses, I have lost my voice.

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I keep trying to post from my phone, but can't seem to be able to. Trying again...
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I have not had a road trip in a while. This afternoon I am heading out with a friend to drive to Georgia.
I am rather excited. We are going to her sister's wedding, then making a quick stop in Florida, then heading home.

Should be fun! :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I finally made a decision about my book. I have been making a book about tatting (a fibre/lace art). It's finished for quite some time now, and trying to find a publisher, or even thinking about that, gave me a lot of stress. So I decided to only have 25 copies printed and try to sell those myself. That decision alone took a lot of weight of my shoulders. Just now I received the message that the books are handed over to the delivery service, probably to be received saturday. I'm so excited.
Moe

Post by Moe »

Good luck with the books!!

We had hail with a 1" diameter today.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Not today, but yesterday.
I had a very emotional day yesterday. I hardly ever cry, parlty because I lack the ability to produce tears (because of Sjögrens disease), but yesterday I cried four times.
Once because of an emotional moment in the hospital. The other three times because of what's happening in the US right now.
I just simply cannot grasp the fact that some one in their right mind can defend taking children from their parents.
Nazi Germany all over again.

I'm scared to be honest. Really scared. Where will this end?