UFC 103

Talk about any sports, like baseball, basketball, and um.... ULTIMATE FIGHTING!!!
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

UFC 103

Post by Pete McGiveris »

I know it's not a really big card or anything, and I'm aware that most likely only hardcore fans are going to be watching this, but I'm going to make my predictions anyway. 'Cuz I'm a nerd like that.

Tyson Griffin vs. Hermes Franca.

I see Tyson taking this one by decision. Griffin seams to have pillows for hands, and I don't think I've ever seen him rock anyone, little own KO or TKO anyone. But, I do see him throwing Franca around, and controlling him on the ground for a unanimous decision.

Josh Koshcheck vs. Frank Trigg.

I can't help but think they brought in Trigg just to make other welterweights look better. Just like with their recent re-signing of Phil Baroni. But, Koshcheck is gonna be fairly cautious after his last knock out loss to unknown Paulo Thiago, and I'd be he's gonna play it safe and go for a decision, although he may surprise me and finish Trigg off early.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Junior Dos Santos.

I know Clarence is gonna hate me for this, and I'm kinda going out of a limb here, but I'm thinking Dos Santos is gonna knock Cro Cop out in the second. Cro Cop hasn't looked good in a long time, and Dos Santos has been a beast, loosing only once, and by submission, all his other fights haven't made the second round, and they've all been by TKO or KO, except one. And, we all know Cro Cop isn't exactly a submission wizard.

Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort (at catchweight of 195 lbs.).

I'm thinking this is gonna be an amazing scrap for the boxing fans. Vitor is a dangerous guy to bet on, next to guys like Couture, and Keith Jardene, he's one of the more inconsistent fighters out there. When he's on, he destroys people, like Wanderlei Silva, when he's off, he kind of does what's needed to win, and not much else. And Rich Franklin, what can you say about the man? One of the most under-apreciated fighters out there, period, is dangerous all the way around, with a solid boxing game. I'm gonna have to go with Franklin on this one, and hopefully we can see his start fighting some better fighters at either 205 or 185. I hate seeing talent like that spinning his tires in catchweight fights, when he could be moving up the ladder.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: UFC 103

Post by Clarence »

Nice!

Are we going to go see this one?

It's one week before your wedding.