Motorbikes

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Eff
Demimod

Motorbikes

Post by Eff »

Damn.

Every day someone else . i can't look at this kind'a pic's i hate when bikes crashed.
I hate the fact that everybody think that the bikers are dangerous drivers, and the bike is a deadly weapon .not everybody knows that as much as the bike has a stronger engine it is less dangerous. not many ppl realize that its easy to save yourself from accident if you ride a heavy bike then if you drive a car. not enough ppl knows that 99% ..ok... 94% of the bikes that crash its because of a car\taxi\bus\ or whatever driver. that happens because the drivers never ride a bike so they don't pay enough attention to it.
they dont realize that the biker can't just ''stop'' the bike like you do in your car. stupid ppl can just open their car door without giving a second look , they will open the car door just ''like that'' that and let a bike crash into it, drivers would pass from one side of the road to the other with out thinking twice. taxi drivers? i don't even wanna start talking about them...

What makes it worst is the fact that the insurance foking companies take so god damn much money to insure a biker then a driver.
Drivers feels safe in their ''boxes'' and they don't give a shazam! about bikers
Now what happens is that most of the bikes drive without insurance, this how its like in Isr anyway.

Bloody drivers --pay attention to this kids on bikes, all of'em bikers would make a great s**g , its too bad to lose 'em.
I hope my kids wouldn't ask for a bike, unless this thread would change the world of bikers.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Beany
Demimod

Re: Motorbikes

Post by Beany »

Reading that makes me scared now. My sister wants a motorbike when she's older.

But on the taxi drivers that you mentioned, they don't care about ANY vehicle or pedestrian at all! Me and my friend were crossing the road and one of them tries to run her over, like it just stopped and it turns on and moves as she goes past it.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I totally agree about the motorcycles. A similar fact is that in 97% of accidents with trailers it is the car that caused it. With motorcycles, people do not pay attention. They are thoughtless and careless. It makes it dangerous even for conscientious drivers such as myself. A friend of mine was run off the road because a car changed lanes without looking. He only got some bumps and bruises, and the bike was a little messed up, but it is still not cool when idiot drivers cannot see or think ten feet past their own vehicle.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Yes ,i mean when the accideent, the stupid one happens between two cars nothing so bad would happen if it wasn't fast drive, so this ashols need to realize that its deadly accident when bikes involved. just pay your foking attention ay?
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Yes people should pay more attention to bikes, but it friggin annoys me when a biker drives up between your vehicle and oncoming traffic when you're in a que (they're not allowed to and they know it) or try to cut across in front of you at a junction or roundabout on the wrong side of the road or in the wrong lane just because they think they can fit. A que is a que, if im at the supermarket I wouldn't expect someone to push past me just because im fatter than they are..

I don't mind when there's plenty of room (apart from the cutting across in front of me bit) but in England most of the roads were built originally for horses and carts, and are barely wide enough to fit 2 vehicles side by side without some prick trying to squeeze his bike in between and forcing the oncoming traffic to pull over and stop. Or in some cases forcing them to go up onto the pavement or into a hedge/embankment at the side of the road
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Yes,it is SUCKS to be stuck in the car ,all these trafics, i mean 10 minutes of walking and it takes 25 min' by car. and just when you had enough ,with the trafic you see this biker sliding in the road happily and quickly and throw a jabberwocky smile at you.... so it makes you hate him. emm .GeT iT ?
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

I don't mind so much that they're going past, only when they try to go past when the road isn't wide enough and force the moving traffic off the road. Most roads over here are not the same width all the way along, and just because they can fit their bike in between the first few cars it doesn't mean that they won't get stuck a little further down, or if a wider vehicle is along in the que...
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

The few inexperienced or inconsiderate bikers can often make a bad reputation for all motorcyclists out there. The same thing happens in reverse. I can't tell you the number of times I see a car totally tailgating a motorcycle. If he slips, that car is going to run over him. Not cool. Bikers and motorists should both be more considerate.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Whatever we'd talk about there will be the good guys ' n bad guys on each side, but here, i bet the huge problem is the drivers that don't pay enough attention to bikes and not familiar with the advantages and disadvanteges of the bike,and they don't recodnize the danger that the put the bikers through
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I concur.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

I can see both sides of the coin here, I've had a few friends that have been layed up for a little bit by people who probably shouldn't be driving anyway, but at the same time, I've almost hit someone because they've passed me illegally. I would have been washing him off my front bumper for weeks. I think it boils down to people being careless all the way around.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I don't know what it's like in other countries, but over here most bikers are not keeping up to the rules in traffic.
Speeding, passing in the wrong way, trying to move inbetween cars in a traffic jam.
There are exceptions of course. Like not all cardrivers ignore bikers. It's give and take from both sides.

I agree with the fact that bikers are more vulnarable when an accident does occur. But if they do not speed, and in general take to the rules, as chauffeurs should too, accidents will not happen.

I hope.