Music News thread

Want to share your favourite song? Talk about an awesome band? Do it here!
Eff
Demimod

Music News thread

Post by Eff »

Yeah .. Just what the forum needed :P

The news for this days is the Chilli peppers guitar player who quit the band (2nd time) to start a solo carrier ((well its about facking time)). Yet, I am really sad . And happy .

There is a good guitar player to take his place ,a one who played with them chilli's before .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Re: Music News thread

Post by Nailbunny »

Drummer James "The Rev" Sullivan of metalcore band Avenged Sevenfold died this morning.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadi ... 4NePVq8LPg
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."
- Squatterbloat, from The Sandman #4 "A Hope In Hell"

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

smurf man , Natural causes at the age of 28?!
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

Natural causes probly means coke overdose. They are investigating it so they say.
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Someone told me that Clifornication by chilli peppers is the best-decade song. WOW
That's awesome chilli's!!!
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Am I the only one in the world really, really REALLY excited about the new Gorrilaz album, Plastic Beach?
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

I wasn't even aware they had a new album

sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Comes out on March 8th. It was front page on Q Magazine (which I have a subscription to..)

chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Somehow it makes me sad that The Scorpions have decided to end their career. On January 24, 2010, the band announced that Sting in the Tail will be their last album and that the tour supporting it will be their last tour. The tour is expected to come to an end in 2012 or 2013. The end of an era...
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Dang. If they tour North America I will do my damndest to get to a show!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

They will be in Pittsburgh, July 5th.

http://www.the-scorpions.com/english/tourdates.asp
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

They are at the Merriweather Post Pavillion on June 19! That is even closer than Pittsburgh!

I will start making plans now....

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Don't you worrie bells , i can think of many different artist who made a ''comeback tours'' years after reporting thier out'a business ..
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

bella wrote:Somehow it makes me sad that The Scorpions have decided to end their career. On January 24, 2010, the band announced that Sting in the Tail will be their last album and that the tour supporting it will be their last tour. The tour is expected to come to an end in 2012 or 2013. The end of an era...
How many times do you think they'll play "Rock You Like A Hurricane" in a set? It's strange, I always thought of them as a hair-metal band *shudder*, but I guess they've been around since the 70's or something.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Yeah, they used to rock, HARD! Their first album came out in 1972 (the year I was born!) and was really jazzy and had some amazing guitar! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTGTCSGj30 Michael Schenker has since put out some red-hot albums, and some forgettable ones. Notable is Assault Attack, one of Michael's first solo things. It was the inspiration for an awesome Anime mini-series called Black Heaven! A year or two later Uli Roth played on a couple of albums, and that dude still rocks harder and louder than ever! The album,"Taken By Force" is still one of my favorites! Here: Sails Of Charon If you ever get to see either of those guys, it would not be a waste of time or money. But bring earplugs.

~ Donnie Yen ~