Inglorious Bastards.

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Inglorious Bastards.

Post by Pete McGiveris »

I didn't even want to do a review of it, because honestly, I want to pretend like I didn't see it, but Clarence asked me to, so here goes:

Watching this movie was like being blindfolded, and being sat down at a dinner table, and being told your being brought out a nice steak dinner. There's nice music, the place is just the right temperature, and is has a generally nice vibe to it. You can't see, but your having a nice conversation with the people around you. The meal is brought out, and you can smell the steak....it smells awesome. You put your fork into it, and it's even more tender then you figure it should be, super! You put it to your mouth, and it's a turd. Someone went through all the trouble of making a turd smell like steak, but guess what? It still tastes like shazam!. You try to escape, but you can't, because, well, it's a movie and you want your moneies worth. So, you end up eating shazam!.

In conclusion, I'd like to kick Quentin Tarentino in the balls, and, honestly, I don't even want to talk about this movie anymore.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Inglorious Bastards.

Post by chex »

:lol: Best. Review. Ever.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

That review should be on the news-paper .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

So there was this movie I saw 25 years ago called Inglorious Basterds. Then there was this dork who liked to rip off movies that he thought were obscure enough that nobody would know where he ripped his ideas from. Then the dork made this movie called Inglorious Basterds. The gratuitous violence was so over the top it seemed comical. The plot was a mix of Wizard of Oz, The Muppet Movie, Cinema Paradiso, and a few others you might want to throw in there. The charisma of the leading actors is the only thing that kept people from rioting in the streets. Most of them don't even realize it, but that is why they think this is a good movie. They don't want to admit that they just like the actors and will watch anything they produce. Okay, more later unless I change my mind.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

Yeah, I actually wanted to see the original more than this, I should've listend to my gut.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Post by raiden676 »

i know my friend Josh went to go see the movie

And everyday throughout high school he would talk to me about WWII memorabilia.

I was thinking about getting the movie, but now that i heard the review...i will spend my money on something else.
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I've heard a lot of people who love this movie. Why not rent the movie and make up your own mind, rather than letting other people decide for you if a movie is good or not?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I totally agree that it is better to form your own opinion. I trusted a coworker back when I worked at that theater in the early 90s and anded up missing a chance to see Strictly Ballroom on the big screen. I have since watched that movie about a dozen times, I own it, and the soundtrack. If I had just listened to my gut instead of a friend, I could have also seen it in the theater!

~ Donnie Yen ~
raiden676
Satan's Bitch
Location: Locked in my hotel room using my nightmares to build a wall from society.

Post by raiden676 »

heres the problem

i am not interested in the WWII stuff, i am just saying that it would look like to me that the movie would be interesting

just not set to a theme like WWII.

if the movie was about the Cold War or the Vietnam War, i would definetely watch it.
"Goodbye cruel world. I'm leaving you today. Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye! Goodbye all you people, theres nothing you can say to make me change my mind...Goodbye."

-Pink Floyd
Goodbye Cruel World
The Wall
Track 12.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

As far as this specific movie, you are better off finding the original. The Tarantino movie was not really a remake, just a borrowed concept, dumbed down for the basic Tarantino audience. Huge holes in the plot. Obviously stolen cinematic elements. All the stuff that makes Tarantino what he is.

~ Donnie Yen ~